Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Debian Grub 1.99 alters BIOS (confirmed after formatting hard disk) Post 302852041 by Corona688 on Tuesday 10th of September 2013 11:10:36 AM
Old 09-10-2013
Linux will not reformat your BIOS.

UEFI may go bananas of its own volition, however.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Formatting hard drive from Unix to Windows

Can a hard drive be formatted from unix server to windows 2000 professional? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: howarddtp
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris GRUB troubled with dual hard disks

I have the following system: - DELL Dimension 8300 - Pentium IV @ 2.66GHz - BIOS Revision A07 - 1.5GB RAM - 2 Hard Disks (Master 120GB, Slave 80GB), I guess it's IDE I had WinXP on the master disk (hd0) and recently installed Solaris 10 1/06 on the slave disk (hd1). The NTLDR is in MBR... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hawk
0 Replies

3. Solaris

formatting hard drive (scrubbing)

I'm in the process of scrubbing a tonne of hard drives. Having a few problems with my formatting. I've been following http://www.sun.com/blueprints/0600/scrub.pdf however on the steps of #format> format Ready to format. Formatting cannot be interrupted and takes 100 minutes (estimated).... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jamiee
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Wrong BIOS IDE Settings on a SATA disk (AHCI)?

Hello, I wanted to share an experience I had today which was quite a learning experience and perhaps useful for others who may run into the issue at some point in the future. Basically, the scenario involves a OS which was installed on a machine which hardware-wise, had a SATA Drive. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: septima.pars
0 Replies

5. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

6. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

7. Solaris

Changed disk controller -> drops into GRUB?!

I changed disk controller. Unplugged every disk, inserted another controller card, an IBM M1015. The disks are recognized in BIOS, and the controller card's BIOS shows up. But after that, I drop into GRUB and a prompt. That is all. How shall I solve this problem? I am thinking of booting from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Load debian using grub

pls help me how to load debian again after un-TARing the debian backup on a newly formated Hard Disk (ext3) am using DEBIAN LENNY 64 bit. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolatt
4 Replies

9. Linux

Grub not loading from replaced disk

Hi, a little while ago, one of the GPT Partitioned hard disk had gone faulty in a Mirror RAID and is now successfully replaced. here is how I did that. 1) created identical partition table on the new disk. 2) attached the mirrors using md commands. The whole procedure is given below:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to recover x86 Solaris 10 u10 boot record/grub menu overwritten by Debian 9?

I installed x86 Solaris 10 update 10 after Windows XP, later I removed xp and installed Debian 9 stretch on the same partition but, Debian couldn't find any other os so it deleted Solaris 10 grub or did something like that I couldn't got. I thought I would be able to recover the lost record by... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
0 Replies
CHECK-SELINUX-INSTALLATION(8)				      System Manager's Manual				     CHECK-SELINUX-INSTALLATION(8)

NAME
check-selinux-installation -- perform configuration checks in SELinux installation SYNOPSIS
check-selinux-installation DESCRIPTION
check-selinux-installation this command will run scripts to pull in some standard SELinux stuff via dependencies. SEE ALSO
selinux (8), sestatus(8), selinuxenabled (1), postfix-nochroot(8), selinux-config-enforcing(8), selinux-policy-upgrade(8), http://wiki.debian.org/SELinux - More about SELinux Debian install AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Ulisses Castro <uss.thebug@gmail.com> for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. CHECK-SELINUX-INSTALLATION(8)