Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Delete lines according to a key words in that line Post 302851557 by Akshay Hegde on Monday 9th of September 2013 08:43:25 AM
Old 09-09-2013
You can try awk solution

Code:
akshay@Lenovo-E49:~$ cat A 
c 1
length 14432
width 3434
temp 34
c 2
length 3343
width 0923
height 9383
hm 902
temp34
c 3
length 938
height 982
hm 9292
temp 23

Code:
akshay@Lenovo-E49:~$ cat B
length
height
temp

Code:
akshay@Lenovo-E49:~$ awk 'FNR==NR{REMOVE[$1]++;next}{a=$1;gsub(/[0-9]/,x,a)}{if(!(a in REMOVE))print $0}' B  A
c 1
width 3434
c 2
width 0923
hm 902
c 3
hm 9292

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines that contain 3 or more words?

How can I delete lines that contain 3 or more words? I have a file, old.txt, that has multi-word phrases in it and I want to remove the lines with 3 words or more and send the output to new.txt. I've tried the following using sed but it doesn't seem to work: sed '/(\b\w+\b){3,}/d' old.txt >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: revax
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

search 2 lines and delete above line

Hi, I've been searching in this forum for the last 4 hours trying to do one thing: search 2 lines and delete the above line. So far I have not be able to find something similar in this forum, so I need help. This is what I'm trying to do. For example, I have a file called file1: file1 word1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamushamu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i delete some words in every line in a file

Hi, I need help to delete a few words in every line in my file. This is how the file look like: VDC DQ 14900098,,,,157426.06849776753,786693.2919373367 10273032,,,,157525.49445429695,776574.5546672409 VDC DG ,10273033,,3er55,,149565.57096061576,801778.9379555212 AS174 892562,,,,, ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy_s
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines with line numbers.

Hi, I have a file will 1000 lines.... I want to deleted some line in the file... like 800-850 lines i want to remove in that... can somebody help me..? thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kattoor
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines where line length is < x

Hi all, I am using Sed to convert a log file into a csv, so far so good. Kudos to this forum for helping me thus far! My current problem. There are some lines in the log file that I do not want. How can I delete lines where the line legth is less than say 100? Here are some sample lines... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr. Rocco
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete repeated strings (tags) in a line and concatenate corresponding words

Hello friends! Each line of my input file has this format: word<TAB>tag1<blankspace>lemma<TAB>tag2<blankspace>lemma ... <TAB>tag3<blankspace>lemma Of this file I need to eliminate all the repeated tags (of the same word) in a line, as in the example here below, but conserving both (all) the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all lines after a specific line ?

Hello. My file is like this: a b c d e f g h i I want to delete all lines after the 3rd line, means after the "c". Is there any way to do this? The lines differ between them and the lines I want to delete does not have a specific word, or the lines I want to keep (a,b,c) does not have a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search words in a line and print next 15 lines.

I have a text file ( basically a log file) and i have 2 words (alpha, beta), Now i want to search these two words in one line and then print next 15 lines in a temp file. there would be many lines with alpha and beta But I need only last occurrence with "alpha" and "beta" and next 15 lines. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find a string in a line in UNIX file and delete that line and previous 3 lines ?

Hi , i have a file with data as below.This is same file. But actual file contains to many rows. i want to search for a string "Field 039 00" and delete that line and previous 3 lines in that file.. Can some body suggested me how can i do using either sed or awk command ? Field 004... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vadlamudy
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines containing key words dynamically

Hi Frens, I have a requirement where I need to delete lines having key words and am using the below command to do that sed '/UNIX/d' inputfile > output But now I have one more requirement where in there will be one reference file which has the ID's to be deleted from the master file. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: weknowd
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)