Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Matching a block of data sed or ksh Post 302851537 by Jotne on Monday 9th of September 2013 07:45:29 AM
Old 09-09-2013
What have you tried?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh pattern matching

I try to use the pattern substitution operators as documented in the O'Reilley "Learning the Korn Shell" but it doesn't seem to work as advertised. This works all right: var='Regular expressions rules!' $ echo ${var//e/#} R#gular #xpr#ssions rul#s! The docs says that using !(expr)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting a tabular format data to comma seperated data in KSH

Hi, Could anyone help me in changing a tabular format output to comma seperated file pls in K-sh. Its very urgent. E.g : username empid ------------------------ sri 123 to username,empid sri,123 Thanks, Hema:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hemamalini
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching in ksh

In the Korn shell is it possible to truncate a pattern like this: - ) ]] So that it is not necessary to enter 8 times? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

4. AIX

Matching command scroll - ksh

In ksh is there a was to scroll thru all matching commands? For example I executed several commands over several days. Is there a way to scroll thru all the matching 'find' commands only that was executed? No messing with the .history file. Anyway to do this from the command prompt? TIA. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Un1xNewb1e
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and get matching data

Hi, Can anyone help me to compare two files and get the matching data... say i have file1 and file2 ... file1 has 300 unique data with that i need to match with file2 to see how may are matching.. file2 have 1000 records. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zooby
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Multiple Pattern Matching Operators

I figured this would be simple, but I am stuck. Variable longpath="/dir1/dir2/dir3/filename.stuff.morestuff.garbage" I want to end up with just "filename.extra.moreextra". So, I want to get rid of the path and .garbage I want to do this with just ksh internals. So, no sed,grep,awk,expr,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Topaz
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching the entries and printing data

Hi all, I have a file with Id which I want to compare it with other file to get the sequence of a particular id. File 1 with ID Q7L8J4 Q676U5 Q8NAA4 Q5TYW2 Q5SQ80 Q5VUR7 Q4UJ75 Q96IX9 Q7Z4T9 Q6NTF7 Q8IZP0 Q9NYB9 Q9P2A4 O14639 Q9ULW3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing a block of lines from a file, if that block does not contain two patterns using sed

I want to process a file block by block using sed, and if that block does not contain two patterns, then that complete block has to be printed. See below for the example data. ................................server 1............................... running process 1 running... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kesavan
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk/sed command to pull out matching lines from a block

Hi, In order to make our debugging easier in log files, I need this script. My log file will be structured like this : ------Invoking myfile -param:start_time=1371150900000 -param:end_time=1371151800000 for 06/14/2013 <multiple lines here> ..... - Step Sybase CDR Table.0 ended... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshmikumari
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

IN Between Data after matching the Pattern

HI , I WANT TO RETRIVE IN BETWEEN DATA FROM PARENTHESIS AND I AM GETTING ERRORS WHILE RUN THE AWK.I HAVE 2 FILES AND WANT TO PROCESS 1ST FILE PATTERN TO 2ND FILE AND WRITES INTO OUTPUT FILE.THIS TIME I AM PUTTING WHERE EXACTLY I AM GETTING ERRORS.SO PLEASE HELP. PATTERN_FILE.TXT --------------... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: andrew_11
1 Replies
h5unjam(1)						      General Commands Manual							h5unjam(1)

NAME
h5unjam - Extract the user block from a HDF5 file SYNOPSIS
h5unjam -i in_file.h5 [-u user_block | --delete] [-o out_file.h5] DESCRIPTION
h5unjam splits an HDF5 file, writing the user block to a file or stdout and the HDF5 file to an HDF5 file with a header at byte 0 (i.e., with no user block). If out_file.h5 is given, a new file is created with the in_file.h5 without the user block. In this case, infile.h5 is unchanged. If out_file.h5 is not specified, the user_block is removed and in_file.h5 is rewritten, starting at byte 0. If user_block is set, the user block will be written to user_block. If user_block is not set, the user block (if any) will be written to stdout. If --delete is selected, the user block will not be not written. EXAMPLE USAGE
For an HDF5 file, with_ub.h5, with a user block, extract the user block to user_block.txt and the HDF5 file to wo_ub.h5. h5unjam -i with_ub.h5 -u user_block.txt -i wo_ub.h5 RETURN VALUE
h5unjam returns the size of the output file, or -1 if an error occurs. CAVEATS
This tool copies all the data (sequentially) in the file(s) to new offsets. For a large file, this copy will take a long time. The most efficient way to create a user block is to create the file with a user block (see H5Pset_user_block), and write the user block data into that space from a program. The user block is completely opaque to the HDF5 library and to the h5jam and h5unjam tools. The user block is simply read or written as a string of bytes, which could be text or any kind of binary data. It is up to the user to know what the contents of the user block means and how to process it. When the user block is extracted, all the data is written to the output, including any padding or unwritten data. This tool moves the HDF5 file through byte copies, i.e., it does not read or interpret the HDF5 objects. SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5diff(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1), h5jam(1). h5unjam(1)