Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX [Solved] Patching HP-UX 11.31 from DVD vs. ITRC Post 302851267 by Peasant on Sunday 8th of September 2013 12:22:27 AM
Old 09-08-2013
If you are managing alot of HPUX server, i would advise to use HP-SIM with software assistant, it's free.

Also, make a depot repository on one of your HPUX machines, since it will simplify patch deployment and machine backup over your internal network.

So it's (simplified) INTERNET < HPSIM <> YOUR HPUX HOSTS.

Hope that helps

Regards
Peasant.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Patching

Hi all Ive got 12 odd sun servers, running solars 8, 9 and soon 10. Have to admit I havent patched for years. Infact the last time I did patch a load of servers, sun provided you will a small script which would review the current patch levels, create a xml file that you would use on sunsolve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] How to share the DVD-drive with Mac OSX NFS

:confused: Hi, im a newbie with a mac osx problem: i can't share the DVD-drive of my macbook pro with NFS: OSX 10.5.8: My /etc/exports: /Users/NFS -mapall=502 -ro -network 192.168.1.0 -mask 255.255.255.0 /Volumes/MIT_HERZ_UND_HAND/VIDEO_TS -maproot=502 -ro the /Users/NFS share... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joker45
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[solved] merging two files and writing to another file- solved

i have two files as file1: 1 2 3 file2: a b c and the output should be: file3: 1~a 2~b 3~c (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'

I am getting an error similar to this when I try to watch dvd's. Every program has a similar version of this. unable to open the MRL 'dvd:///dev/dvd'For VLC I have found a way to fix it. CD/DVD Drive not working VLC error (SOLVED) (Page 1) - Help & Support (Stable) - CrunchBang Linux Forums... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
0 Replies

5. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies
XDIFF_FILE_PATCH_BINARY(3)						 1						XDIFF_FILE_PATCH_BINARY(3)

xdiff_file_patch_binary - Alias of xdiff_file_bpatch

SYNOPSIS
bool xdiff_file_patch_binary (string $file, string $patch, string $dest) DESCRIPTION
Patches a $file with a binary $patch and stores the result in a file $dest. This function accepts patches created both via xdiff_file_bdiff(3) or xdiff_file_rabdiff(3) functions or their string counterparts. Starting with version 1.5.0 this function is an alias of xdiff_file_bpatch(3). PARAMETERS
o $file - The original file. o $patch - The binary patch file. o $dest - Path of the resulting file. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 xdiff_file_patch_binary(3) example The following code applies binary diff to a file. <?php $old_version = 'archive-1.0.tgz'; $patch = 'archive.bpatch'; $result = xdiff_file_patch_binary($old_version, $patch, 'archive-1.1.tgz'); if ($result) { echo "File patched"; } else { echo "File couldn't be patched"; } ?> NOTES
Note Both files ($file and $patch) will be loaded into memory so ensure that your memory_limit is set high enough. SEE ALSO
xdiff_string_patch_binary(3). PHP Documentation Group XDIFF_FILE_PATCH_BINARY(3)