Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to use grep with numerical values? Post 302851211 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 7th of September 2013 03:20:06 PM
Old 09-07-2013
Try:
Code:
grep "[^0-9][0-9]/50"

[^0-9] means a character that is not 0-9

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep a list of values

Hi everybody! :) :D :D :) it's great to be here since this is my first post. touch /base/oracle/FRA/XMUT00/RMAN_FLAG touch /base/oracle/FRA/XRLL00/RMAN_FLAG find directory name containing RMAN_FLAG : $ find /base/oracle/FRA -name RMAN_FLAG -print|xargs -n1 dirname |sort -u... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolan_louve
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep using ASCII values

machine: HPUX file: a.dat contents: decimal 1 decimal 2 string 1 string 2 ASCII value of 'd': 100. to grep lines that have 'd', I use the following command grep d a.dat My requirement: I should grep for lines that contain 'd'. But I should use ASCII value of 'd' in the command... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sriksama
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can grep do numerical comparisons?

Say for example I have a list of numbers.. 5 10 13 48 1 could I use grep to show only those numbers that are above 10? For various reasons I can only use grep... not awk or sed etc. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Uss_Defiant
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep two values together.

Hi... I have a file abc.txt , havin more then 10,000 lines, each field separated by '#'. I want to grep 9914699895 and 999 from abc.txt I am trying cat abc.txt | grep 9914699895 | grep 999 but i am also getting data like 9991111111 or 9991010101 I want to grep "999" exactly and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
1 Replies

5. Programming

Fuzzy Match Logic for Numerical Values

I have searched the internet (including these forums) and perhaps I'm not using the right wording. What I'm looking for is a function (preferably C) that analyzes the similitude of two numerical or near-numerical values, and returns either a true/false (match/nomatch) or a return code that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcus121
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep distinct values

this is a little more complex than that. I have a text file and I need to find all the distinct words that appear in a line after the word TABLESPACE when I grep for just the word tablespace, I get: how do i parse this a little better so i have a smaller file to read? This is just an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a text file based on numerical values of a column

I have a text file where the second column is a list of numbers going from small to large. I want to extract the rows where the second column is smaller than or equal to 0.0001. My input: rs10082730 9e-08 12 46002702 rs2544081 1e-07 12 46015487 rs1425136 1e-06 7 35396742 rs2712590... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep values from different lines

Hello, I have a log file with many lines and I want to grep pcific values from spcific lines, I'm not sure if it is possible or not Sample 16-11-11 19:54:13:INFO:Connection to device ip 20.10.11.23 took 0 16-11-11 19:54:13:FINE:Sending request. 16-11-11 19:54:13:INFO:Received response from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roby2411
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep multiple values

This for i in /dev/disco/*;do lvdisplay $i|grep -i size;done Return me every size of lvm in vg "disco" I want to return me,the size and the name of lvm,how to do this? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Gawk: PROCINFO["sorted_in"] does not sort my numerical array values

Hi, PROCINFO seems to be a great function but I don't manage to make it works. input: B,A,C B B,B As an example, just want to count the occurence of each letter across the input and sort them by decreased order. Wanted output: B 4 A 1 C 1 When I use this command, the PROCINFO... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
4 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)