Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cut a file with tags
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Cut a file with tags Post 302850959 by Castelior on Friday 6th of September 2013 06:21:26 AM
Old 09-06-2013
Thanks pamu!!!
That works very well!

jim mcnamara, I didn't try but thank you!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

points being cut because of code tags

Hi My points are being cut because i have not been using code tags. for the 2nd warning whoever gave me i have started using code tags.how do i paste in my defense i can send u the original script (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arch12
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating file from an existing file using CUT, is it the best option?

Dear All, I have a requirement in which i have to load a file placed in FTP location onto my database. The process i'll follow is as below: 1) Get the files using FTP. 2) Create the desired load files as i have to load only 19 fields out of the 104 available in the file. The fields i require... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishekakaomi
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut lines from log file and save it another file

Dears, i want cut the lines from a log file. Example of the log file as follows.. May 27, 2011 5:54:51 PM com.huawei.ivas.utilities.sm.client.SMDeliverContrUtil isDeliverSM FINE: May 27, 2011 5:54:51 PM com.huawei.ivas.utilities.sm.client.SMUtil addSysUpMsgLog INFO: . The message content... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tonypalokkaran
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut the variable from the line and use it to find the file and read the content of that file

Hi, I am working on one script..I am having files in the below format file 1 (each line is separated with : delimeter) SPLASH:SPLASH:SVN CIB/MCH:MCH:SVN Now I want from file 1 that most left part of the first line will store in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit22hamirpur
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required the cut the whole contents from one file and paste it into new file

Hi, First of all sincere apologies if I have posted in a wrong section ! Please correct me if I am wrong ! I am very new to UNIX scripting. Currently my problem is that I have a code file at the location /home/usr/workarea/GeneratedLogs.log :- Code :- (Feb 7, 571 7:07:29 AM),... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to cut a pipe delimited file and paste it with another file to form a comma separated outputfile

Hello ppl I have a requirement to split (cut in unix) a file (A.txt) which is a pipe delimited file into A1.txt and A2.txt Now I have to join (paste in unix) this A2.txt with external file A3.txt to form output file A4.txt which should be CSV (comma separated file) so that third party can... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
25 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies
VIPSTHUMBNAIL(1)					      General Commands Manual						  VIPSTHUMBNAIL(1)

NAME
vipsthumbnail - make thumbnails of image files SYNOPSIS
vipsthumbnail [flags] imagefile1 imagefile2 ... DESCRIPTION
vipsthumbnail(1) processes each imagefile in turn, shrinking each image to fit within a 128 by 128 pixel square. The shrunk image is writ- ten to a new file named tn_imagefile.jpg. This program is typically faster and uses less memory than other image thumbnail programs. For example: $ vipsthumbnail fred.png jim.tif will read image files fred.png and jim.tif and write thumbnails to the files tn_fred.jpg and tn_jim.jpg. $ vipsthumbnail --size=64 -o thumbnails/%s.png fred.jpg will read image file fred.jpg and write a 64 x 64 pixel thumbnail to the file thumbnails/fred.png. On Unix machines, vips will create temporary files in "/tmp" by default. Use the environment variable TMPDIR to change this location. On Windows, vips uses GetTempPath() to pick a location, see the MS documentation. Use the --vips-disc-threshold command-line switch, or the IM_DISC_THRESHOLD environment variable, to make vipsthumbnail use memory rather than temporary files. OPTIONS
-s N, --size=N Set the output thumbnail size to N x N pixels. The image is shrunk so that it just fits within this area, Images which are smaller than this are expanded. -o FORMAT, --output=FORMAT Set the output format string. The input filename has any file type suffix removed, then that value is substitued into FORMAT replac- ing %s. The default value is tn_%s.jpg meaning JPEG output, with tn_ prepended. You can add format options too, for example tn_%s.jpg:20 will write JPEG images with Q set to 20. -p I, --interpolator=I Resample with interpolator I. Use vips --list classes to see a list of valid interpolators. The default is bilinear. -n, --nosharpen By default, vipsthumbnail(1) will sharpen thumbnails slightly to make them look more pleasing. This option disables this sharpening. -e PROFILE, --eprofile=PROFILE Export thumbnails with this ICC profile. Images are only colour-transformed if there is both an output and an input profile avail- able. The input profile can either be embedded in the input image or supplied with the --iprofile option. -i PROFILE, --iprofile=PROFILE Import images with this ICC profile, if no profile is embdedded in the image. Images are only colour-transformed if there is both an output and an input profile available. The output profile should be supplied with the --oprofile option. -l, --nodelete Don't delete the profile from the output image. Since all output images will generally have the same profile, vipsthumbnail(1) will usually delete it. This option leaves the profile inside the image. -v, --verbose vipsthumbnail(1) normally runs silently, except for warning and error messages. This option makes it print a list of the operations it performs on each image. RETURN VALUE
returns 0 on success and non-zero on error. SEE ALSO
header(1) 13 May 2010 VIPSTHUMBNAIL(1)