Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Starting with C-Programming
Top Forums Programming Starting with C-Programming Post 302850397 by tornow on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 04:00:46 PM
Old 09-04-2013
The C Programming language might be the bible, but it really is tough. Steve Summit has a good intro online: C Programming Notes One level above there is more, one of it are notes to "The C Programming language" (as far it's me they don't make it any better). good means easy. If that is too easy look at "C - A modern approach" by K.N King. I don't learn by projects, but by the books. Most tell me that is not a good approach, but i ain't got much talent (iow: i am slow).

---------- Post updated at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:45 PM ----------

youtube has a couple of videos about C. Some you might like. I missed that you already got a book (from Galileo Computing). If it was me i would use that for now +online ressources. As far it is me slightly too slow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpRRUQFbePU but entertaining. Then there is newboston: http://thenewboston.org/list.php?cat=14, which i don't know. Then there are youtube videos by people from India, but i can't find them right now. I liked them a lot (search for long ones).

---------- Post updated at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:48 PM ----------

"I mean, after 1 year VB.NET I must say I can't use the language properly, that gets me thinking." If you want to quickly do stuff yourself, then shell scripting is a better approach (Again: i am very slow, but i think that quite some people, hobbyists, would agree)

Last edited by tornow; 09-04-2013 at 04:56 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting X?

I just installed FreeBSD 4.5 and I want to find out how I can start and run X? When I boot I get taken to the command line. Xconfigurator doesn't want to work. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMDPwred
2 Replies

2. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting over

I am re-learning UNIX and want to download Unix to my lab for studying on the road. Any suggestions? Got several books, but need to run scripts :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DudeMan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Systems Programming Vs Unix Programming

Several months ago I found a link that explained the difference between how a Unix Systems Admin would do scripting compared to what a Unix Programmer would do. It showed a basic script and then show several iterations that explained how the Systems Admin would change it to make it better. I was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

6. Programming

C Programming - Hardware Programming

Can someone help me on suggesting some ways to access the memory content in RAM directly from C/C++ source code. Please provide me any book name or any URL so that I can get an exhaustive knowledge over it. If possible please give me some tips on interacting with hardwares directly through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

8. Web Development

What are web design programming steps starting with HTML?

I'm studying web design and I would like to know the stages to knowing what you will ultimately need to know when entering this profession. With HTML being the step one and the basics, to I think XHTML and Css, being two, what's next? JavaScript? MySQL? Can some one provide an ordered list of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
WebService::YouTube(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  WebService::YouTube(3pm)

NAME
WebService::YouTube - Perl interface to YouTube VERSION
This document describes WebService::YouTube version 1.0.3 SYNOPSIS
use WebService::YouTube; my $youtube = WebService::YouTube->new( { dev_id => 'YOUR_DEV_ID' } ); # Get videos via REST API my @videos = $youtube->videos->list_featured; # Get videos via RSS Feed my @videos = $youtube->feeds->recently_added; DESCRIPTION
This is a Perl interface to YouTube API and RSS. See Developers Page <http://youtube.com/dev> and About RSS <http://www.youtube.com/rssls> for details. This module support only Legacy API, does not support YouTube Data API based on Google data protocol. See YouTube Data API Overview <http://code.google.com/apis/youtube/overview.html> for details. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS new(\%fields) Creates and returns a new WebService::YouTube object. %fields can contain parameters enumerated in "ACCESSORS" section. videos( ) Returns a WebService::YouTube::Videos object. feeds( ) Returns a WebService::YouTube::Feeds object. ACCESSORS dev_id Developer ID ua LWP::UserAgent object DIAGNOSTICS
None. CONFIGURATION AND ENVIRONMENT
WebService::YouTube requires no configuration files or environment variables. DEPENDENCIES
Class::Accessor::Fast, WebService::YouTube::Videos, WebService::YouTube::Feeds INCOMPATIBILITIES
WWW::YouTube BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-webservice-youtube@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=WebService-YouTube>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. AUTHOR
Hironori Yoshida <yoshida@cpan.org> LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. perl v5.10.1 2010-08-01 WebService::YouTube(3pm)