Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Installation of perl on Linux machine Post 302850321 by Corona688 on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 01:33:08 PM
Old 09-04-2013
It would be astonishing to me if you didn't already have perl.
Code:
perl --version

If you somehow ended up without it, you'd install it with apt-get.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl installation?

Ok im new to Linux. I run Slackware 9 - I have apache up and running fine, I am a PHP programmer but wish to learn Perl. I've been told I need to edit a configuration file -- /etc/apache/httpd.conf ? Anyway, I've never done this before and I don't know what to edit. So I would be real grateful... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mo0ness
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Installation os on sun machine

I had one sun ultra enterprise1 cpu. it's not giving any disply,which operating system it's support. How can install os on this CPU. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeesh
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Installation of ViewCVS on a linux machine

Hi, can anyone help me with Installation of ViewCVS on a linux machine. I am new to this and i tried googling on net but did not find any links for the same. Any help on this will be appreciated Thanks, Sandeep (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Module installation

Hi All, I am failry new to Perl.I am trying to install a Perl module (Filesys::df.pm) in an IBM AIX5.3 server.But I could not succeed in that.I am getting the following error: abcd3dev# make cc_r -c -D_ALL_SOURCE -D_ANSI_C_SOURCE -D_POSIX_SOURCE -qmaxmem=16384 -qnoansialias... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjithss
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart Installation from X86 machine

Hi friends , i have on ultra 10 Sparc machine . Due to some problem my OS is fully corrupted , so i am planning to install again but my problem is the cd drive in Ultra 10 machine is not working. Now i am planning to use Jumpstart installation method to install my server. But i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vr_mari
4 Replies

7. Solaris

installation problem solaris,windows,suse on same machine

Hi all, Previously I had both opensuse 11.3 and Windows XP SP2 on my PC, there was no problem at all.I was able to access all documents in Windows from opensuse. Now when I wanted to install solaris 10 on the same machine there were 2 problems ... 1. Windows is not accessible from solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Veritas volume manager installation problem in Intel machine

i have downloaded veritas storage foundation 5.1 sp1 from veritas website. when i tried to install veritas through the installation script.. installation proceeds fine and then when it reaches Installing VRTSsfmh package - it doesnt proceed further it is stuck with this package. when i checked... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Modules installation in one go.

Hi, I have a task to install a list of perl modules in several servers. It's very tedious task to install it one by one through CPAN. Can I have option in CPAN to feed that list so that it install all the modules. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
0 Replies