Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Converting Impress output to DVD video Post 302850161 by Royalist on Wednesday 4th of September 2013 04:57:57 AM
Old 09-04-2013
SOLVED

Progress Report - A solution.
I have found that by using 'Save as' and 'Export' in 'Impress' it is possible to create output files in '.png' for rapid creation of slide shows in 'Openshot' quickly resulting in video DVD's and also 'PDF' and 'pps' for use in cross platform applications.
So thank you all and especially gacanepa for your help and patience.

SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting line output to column based output

Hi Guys, I am trying to convert a file which has a row based output to a column based output. My original file looks like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 1 2 3 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
8 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Best graphical video converting tool for ubuntu

hi, is there any video converting tool that can convert all(almost) video formats. I want to convert from mp4/mkv to divx with file size limit.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhusudankh
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Reliable Video Editing & DVD Burning

I have just about given up trying to find a reliable package. Imagination - Pitvi - Openshot - DVD Styler are just some of those tried, but even if success has been achieved in exporting a viable result - Brasero will not burn it this includes VOB files. It seems that there is no alternative to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Royalist
1 Replies
XDG-OPEN(1)															       XDG-OPEN(1)

NAME
xdg-open - opens a file or URL in the user's preferred application SYNOPSIS
xdg-open {file URL} xdg-open {--help --manual --version} DESCRIPTION
xdg-open opens a file or URL in the user's preferred application. If a URL is provided the URL will be opened in the user's preferred web browser. If a file is provided the file will be opened in the preferred application for files of that type. xdg-open supports file, ftp, http and https URLs. xdg-open is for use inside a desktop session only. It is not recommended to use xdg-open as root. OPTIONS
--help Show command synopsis. --manual Show this manualpage. --version Show the xdg-utils version information. EXIT CODES
An exit code of 0 indicates success while a non-zero exit code indicates failure. The following failure codes can be returned: 1 Error in command line syntax. 2 One of the files passed on the command line did not exist. 3 A required tool could not be found. 4 The action failed. EXAMPLES
xdg-open 'http://www.freedesktop.org/' Opens the Freedesktop.org website in the user's default browser xdg-open /tmp/foobar.png Opens the PNG image file /tmp/foobar.png in the user's default image viewing application. AUTHOR
Kevin Krammer, Jeremy White. <kevin.krammer@gmx.at> <jwhite@codeweavers.com> xdg-utils 1.0 06/24/2007 XDG-OPEN(1)