Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Negative number comparison using nawk on Linux Post 302849687 by Rashmee on Tuesday 3rd of September 2013 01:48:26 AM
Old 09-03-2013
Yes I did try to debug by printing values of variable and those were printing correct values. And I was using NEW_PRICE everywhere. Sorry for confusion created by mentioning new_price in my post.

My problem is now resolved, after I have added +0 to another operand i.e NEW_PRICE.

Thanks for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

C++ how to isdigit() a negative number?

hi people, I have a function which I am passing a stream which is basically postfix notation if(isdigit(in.peek())) { in >> number; nums.push(number); } else if (strchr("+-*/", in.peek( )) != NULL) { in >> symbol; do_operation(symbol, nums, okay); } ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Darklight
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for a negative number

Hi, I want to search for a return code of -3. Using grep "-3" *.* is giving a syntax error. Please suggest as to how can we search for this pattern using grep. Thanks, Krishna (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzmatam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignore negative number in script

Hi, does anyone know how to ignore whether a number is negative in a script. E.g. if I have a variable that contains -1200, how do I ignore the minus sign? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Division returning a negative number

Hi All, Just faced an interesting thing in HP-UX. I was dividing 2955334616 / 2 by using echo `expr 2955334616 / 2` , and this ofcourse which expects 1477667308 to be returned. But I am getting -669816340 and I am :wall: how exactly this is possible. It is not one of the compliments (Ones or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sanand
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking largest (negative) number from column of coordinates and adding positive form to every other

Hello all, I'm new to the forums and hope to be able to contribute something useful in the future; however I must admit that what has prompted me to join is the fact that currently I need help with something that has me at the end of my tether. I have a PDB (Protein Data Bank) file which I... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparison of number in linux..

hi all experts, i=1; while do echo $i $i=$i+1 done can I use min=2 max=5 if (($min > $ max)) then else (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for the most negative number

Hello, I am trying to write a bash script which will give me the most negative number. Here is an example input: Ce 3.7729752124 -4.9505731588 -4.1061257680 Ce -6.9156611391 -0.5991784762 7.3051893138 Ce 7.6489739875 0.3513020731 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdl27789
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print smallest negative number with corresponding index from a column

considering the following table: ID col1 col2 col3 col4 1 -16.06801249 13.49785832 -56.57087607 -27.00500526 2 -1.53315720 0.71731735 -42.03602078 -39.78554623 3 -1.53315190 0.71731587 -42.03601548 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Birda
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to Divide a negative number in bash script

I am using a small script to divide some numbers in a given file and display the output in another file. I am getting the following error basename: invalid option -- '5' Try `basename --help' for more information. (standard_in) 1: syntax error The script is : #!/bin/bash for i in `cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmnr877
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Converting negative number to positive in a file

Hi ALL, I am having semi column separated file as below. I am having negative values for the records starting with 11095. How can I convert that positive number I tried this below seems not working sed 's/ \(*\)$/ -\1/;t;s/\(.*\)-/\1/ myfile myfile... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
6 Replies
rlprd(8)						       UNIX Reference Manual							  rlprd(8)

NAME
rlprd - remote printing proxy daemon SYNOPSIS
rlprd [-nqV] [-pport] [-ttimeout] [--debug] DESCRIPTION
rlprd is a proxy which runs between the remote printing commands (rlpr(1), rlpq(1), and rlprm(1)) and standard lpd print servers in situa- tions where the remote printing commands cannot be installed setuid root. For a discussion on how to configure the remote printing com- mands, please see rlpr(1). rlprd needs to be installed setuid root - if it cannot be run this way, it is useless. rlprd works by mapping non-privileged port requests from rlpr(1) clients to privileged ports so that lpd's will listen to them. Eliminat- ing the "security" gained by having privileged ports is a non-issue, since the Internet is no longer just Unix, and Unix is the only OS that has the privileged port concept. rlprd is not a replacement for lpd(8). It merely passes data to a lpd(8) on a target machine (which is specified by an invocation of a remote printing command). However, when a client is using the rlpr suite of tools to do remote printing, the client does not need to run an lpd(8) locally. Note that once an rlprd is set up on a network (including the Internet), any host may connect to it and use its proxy services if it knows the name of the machine running it. OPTIONS
--debug Print gobs of debugging information. -n, --no-daemon Don't run rlprd as a daemon. Usually not needed. -p, --port=number Select an alternate port (instead of 7290) to listen on. Usually not needed. -q, --quiet, --silent Quiet mode - stay quiet (except for fatal errors). -t --timeout=seconds Set the inactivity timer. If the connection hangs for more than seconds seconds, then rlprd will time out the connection. Use the special value `-1' to wait forever. Default timeout is 3 seconds. -V, --version Print version and exit. SEE ALSO
rlpr(1), rlpq(1), rlprm(1), rlprrc(5) AUTHOR
meem <meem@gnu.org> BUGS
/LIMITATIONS It is not currently possible to run rlprd from inetd(8). rlpr 2.04 1999/10/28 rlprd(8)