Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Exportvg/importvg causes corrupt LV Control Block Post 302849577 by livehho on Monday 2nd of September 2013 10:24:50 AM
Old 09-02-2013
I don't have the original /etc/filesystems

I am contemplating recreating the VG (loosing all data)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Reading a process control block

Hello, I want to know what call to use to read the details of a process control block in solaris ?:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmurali
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Causing a disk to be corrupt

Hmm, how to ask this without sounding too malicious... How might one go about causing a disk corruption in OS X specifically or via the command line in UNIX in general? Doesnt matter the severity of the problem, I just want to scare the person a little, then fix the problem for them. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yummator
1 Replies

3. AIX

nooB questions on importvg and exportvg

I don't understand the concept behind importvg and exportvg. What are some examples of when one would use this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: outtacontrol
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to corrupt a superblock?

I need to corrupt a superblock of a mounted device in a soalris m/c and check recovery from an alternate superblock. How can this be done? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujathan
2 Replies

5. AIX

Unable to execute varyonvg during importvg

Hello, On Aix 5.3, during importvg, the varyonvg fails: importvg -y vgtest hdisk20 0516-013 varyonvg: The volume group cannot be varied on because there are no good copies of the descriptor area. When i use manually the command varyonvg -u -b -t vgtest to force, the vg can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dantares
3 Replies

6. AIX

exportvg

Hi How to check if a vg is exported from an LPAR using exportvg? Is there a command or place where we can see the list of the vg's exported from the LPAR ? Because if i run the command to varyonvg i get the below error : root@cbspsrc02 #varyonvg old_rootvg 0516-082 varyonvg: Unable to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

corrupt disk

Hallo Friends, I have application X running on hpux 11.11 and oracle 9i release 2. I recently had a hardware failure on disk /dev/dsk/c2t0d0 Below is the systemlog file : root@a7dmc:/var/adm/syslog > /opt/resmon/bin/resdata -R 155713541 -r /storage/events/enclosures/gazemon/0_1_1_0.0.0... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cp to copy only non-corrupt files

I don't know if I am asking this correctly, but I have a hard drive with some bad sectors and it appears that some of the data is corrupt. I am having allot of trouble copying the data to a new drive. The issue is not in copying files, but that the new drive to which files are copied is not acting... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
17 Replies

9. AIX

importvg question

Is there a way to find the volume group name after assigning hdisk to the machine for importing it ? importvg -y <find_the_name_from_the_unknown_disk_> hdiskX Code tags and no hijacking. You should be aware of that ;) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

10. High Performance Computing

Postgresql Database Corrupt

I am managing a linux cluster which has been build on Platform Cluster Manager PCM 1.2.1) from IBM Platform Computing. Unfortunately somebody deteled data files of postgresql from /var/lib directory. I somehow managed to start the postmaster service again, but all the administrative commands of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsanpmd
2 Replies
local-filesystems(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual				      local-filesystems(7)

NAME
local-filesystems - event signalling that local filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
local-filesystems [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The local-filesystems event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all local filesystems listed in fstab(5). moun- tall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. This event is typically used by services that must be started in order for remote filesystems, if any, to be activated. Remember that some users may not consider it wrong to place /usr on a remote filesystem. For most normal services the filesystem(7) event is sufficient. This event will never occur before the virtual-filesystems(7) event. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once local filesystems are mounted might use: start on local-filesystems SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) virtual-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) filesystem(7) mountall 2009-12-21 local-filesystems(7)