Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Change processor compatibility mode without hmc Post 302848969 by fapl on Friday 30th of August 2013 01:43:06 PM
Old 08-30-2013
Change processor compatibility mode without hmc

Hello,
One of my colleagues is working on a p730 without HMC, only one LPAR has all resources.
The server is showing some issues with Informix (10.00 & 11.50), the same config (OS & IFX) works perfectly on Power6 so I would like to ask him to change the processor compatibility mode to power6 on the p730.
Does anybody know if it is possible to do it ? is it configurable on the service processor menu ?

Thanks in advance
Fabrice

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: Please do not hijack existing threads if you have a question of your own. Open a new thread for this. I Split your question into a new thread. Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited by bakunin; 08-31-2013 at 01:06 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix & Processor compatibility

subject is self explanitory... can i install Unix on a system w/ and AMD processor (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goliath3021
1 Replies

2. AIX

HMC & Processor Pool problem

Hi, I am having problem allocating all my processors -- 6 processors -- to sharedpool1 I have 6 processors and I want my lpars to share all these 6 processors. DefaultPool can't be edited. I edit my Sharedpool1 as follows Reserved:0 Max Processors: 6 In my lpar profile: Min: 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the mode of the file after FTP

Hi I am FTPing a file to a remote server from my local server. But after I FTP it the permissions are not in executable option, I need to change the permissions of the FTPed file how can i do that. Below is my script LOCALDIR=/batch/ediprocess LOCAL_BACKUP_DIR/batch/ediprocessBackUp... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanth_chandra
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

one line command to change mode only if necessary

hi, sorry for posting this for a quick answer. Is there a one line command to change permissions on files in a directory to a given mode (say 554) and only for those files that do not already have that mode? Running chmod updates the last access/modified timestamp on the files, and i want to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
11 Replies

5. SCO

SCO Unix 5.0.6 SATA in compatibility mode

I am very new to SCO Unix so I apologize if this is a easy or dumb question. I have a 160GB SATA hard drive and SATA CD-ROM drive connected to one of my systems. I have both the drives running in compatibility mode. I also have the hard drive set as a primary master and the CD-ROM drive set as... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: NPIGuy
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash commands to change processor

Say you got a for loop where each execution has 0 dependence on the other. Thus ideally you'd like to executed them all concurrently rather than iteratively (if you had enough CPUs). We don't quite have that many CPUs but I would like to instead partition the iterations between them. Or maybe... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevensw
10 Replies

7. AIX

Processor Compatibility Mode

Hi, IBM documentation says the CPU Compatibility Mopde can be changed from th HMC in LPAR properties, but i have no option to change it there, it is only displayed. Anyone? Regards, firefox111 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox111
6 Replies

8. Web Development

Set Edge Compatibility Mode for IE

hi i have code in iplanet webserver in obj.conf file <If $uri !~'^/app/literature/item/(.*)'> AuthTrans fn="set-variable" insert-srvhdrs="X-UA-Compatible:IE=EmulateIE8" </If> i want to migrate it to apache webserver need your help to replace the above code for apache webserver. i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
0 Replies

9. Solaris

How to change pset.size value in processor set in Solaris zone?

Hi I have a pool name yuk-pool and its associated pset is yuk-pset. It has a min value is 20 and max value is 56. But size field has 48 value . This same pool is assign to 4 local zones. Whenever Cpu usage is high on one local zone it impact the cpu usage at other local zone as well during high... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sb200
1 Replies
hostinfo(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       hostinfo(8)

NAME
hostinfo -- host information SYNOPSIS
hostinfo DESCRIPTION
The hostinfo command displays information about the host system on which the command is executing. The output includes a kernel version description, processor configuration data, available physical memory, and various scheduling statistics. OPTIONS
There are no options. DISPLAY
Mach kernel version: The version string compiled into the kernel executing on the host system. Processor Configuration: The maximum possible processors for which the kernel is configured, followed by the number of physical and logical processors avail- able. Note: on Intel architectures, physical processors are referred to as cores, and logical processors are referred to as hardware threads; there may be multiple logical processors per core and multiple cores per processor package. This command does not report the number of processor packages. Processor type: The host's processor type and subtype. Processor active: A list of active processors on the host system. Active processors are members of a processor set and are ready to dispatch threads. On a single processor system, the active processor, is processor 0. Primary memory available: The amount of physical memory that is configured for use on the host system. Default processor set: Displays the number of tasks currently assigned to the host processor set, the number of threads currently assigned to the host proces- sor set, and the number of processors included in the host processor set. Load average: Measures the average number of threads in the run queue. Mach factor: A variant of the load average which measures the processing resources available to a new thread. Mach factor is based on the number of CPUs divided by (1 + the number of runnablethreads) or the number of CPUs minus the number of runnable threads when the number of runnable threads is less than the number of CPUs. The closer the Mach factor value is to zero, the higher the load. On an idle system with a fixed number of active processors, the mach factor will be equal to the number of CPUs. SEE ALSO
sysctl(8) Mac OS X October 30, 2003 Mac OS X