Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with PowerShell
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Help with PowerShell Post 302848601 by Vryali on Thursday 29th of August 2013 03:31:18 PM
Old 08-29-2013
Help with PowerShell

I am very not knowledgeable with regards to Windows, and even more so with PowerShell, but I'm hoping someone can help me with what should be a fairly simple script.

Remove all local accounts matching a given regular expression

It seems like I'd need the following combined... Somehow...

Get-OSCLocalAccount | select-string .\*.* -pattern "^Name[\ \t]*: xxx.*$"

Which would get the account name lines, and then somehow iterate through those to delete accounts.... If it helps, this is the awk string / loop I'd need to account the same:

<Generate Output like Get-OSCLocalAccount> | awk -F: '/^Name[\t\ ]*: xxx/ {print $2}' | while read user; do userdel -r $user; done

Just been fumbling about with PowerShell and not having as much luck as I'd like. I know that I can user the net user del syntax to delete a user in Windows, but how to kick that off with PowerShell, how to loop from the previous output, etc. is giving me headaches. Hoping for either a hand or possibly a pointer to where else I should look. Ideally I won't ever have to do anything with PowerShell again (This should be a very extreme one-off) so I'm really not looking for a deep understanding of the language, just a working script here that I can add to a client's maint. schedule and be done with it.

Thanks for any/all help, it's much appreciated.

Last edited by Vryali; 08-29-2013 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: Typo

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Does PowerSHell have *stat command analogs?

I.e. like vmstat, cpustat, iostat, fsstat, kstat ..etc? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Powershell Script Help

Need some help getting this script to work. can someone help. I am trying to create a script that moves log files to another location and only keeps 60 days worth. please see script I started but having issue getting to work.. $TODAY=GET-DATE GET-CHILDITEM C:\test\*.LOG | Where {... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: freedavis
9 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

To find a value in atext file using powershell

Hi All, i have a VB script which help me in downloading the text file(mail attachment) to my local drive from outlook.i want to check some values in the text file. for ex A date1 count count miss 2/25/2014 42 42 0 B date2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Powershell + office 365

Hello ! I am looking for powershell guys. I have lot of office365 users ,and i need add/remove calendar items from powershell. my users have multiple calendars. how can i select calendar ,and how can i add / remove item to selected calendar. PS C:\appl\o365calendar> get-mailboxfolder... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zoldkovacs
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Powershell script to monitor windows process

Hello Friend, I am not expert in power shell scripting. I nee custom powershell script which check if given process is running on windows machine or not. will use it in nagios to monitor that process. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghpradeep
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute powershell script with UNIX

Hi I have a powershell script which is checking whether a windows service is running (as shown below) function FuncCheckService { $ServiceName = 'pgsql-9.2' $arrService = Get-Service -Name $ServiceName if ($arrService.Status -eq 'Running') { Write-Output... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Using powershell on win10 to invoke bash

Hi Guys, I am trying to run flyway command on ubuntu. on windows command line is simple : C:\Users\admin\Downloads\flyway-commandline-5.0.7-windows-x64\flyway-5.0.7> flyway migrate how can i do it via bash? i tied to use mnt command but starting flyway is not possible. Please... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaryszek
22 Replies

8. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Powershell for Sending Attachment and Multiple Recipent

Hi there, How could I invoke powershell to: 1. Send a file or an attachment 2. Send a content to multiple recipient 3. Be invoked by a batch file to execute the param clause Help will be appreciate. param( $highs, $mediums, $lows ) $EmailFrom = “name@domain.com” $EmailTo =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
0 Replies
HOSTS.EQUIV(5)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						    HOSTS.EQUIV(5)

NAME
hosts.equiv - list of hosts and users that are granted "trusted" r command access to your system DESCRIPTION
The file /etc/hosts.equiv allows or denies hosts and users to use the r-commands (e.g., rlogin, rsh, or rcp) without supplying a password. The file uses the following format: +|[-]hostname|+@netgroup|-@netgroup [+|[-]username|+@netgroup|-@netgroup] The hostname is the name of a host which is logically equivalent to the local host. Users logged into that host are allowed to access like-named user accounts on the local host without supplying a password. The hostname may be (optionally) preceded by a plus (+) sign. If the plus sign is used alone, it allows any host to access your system. You can explicitly deny access to a host by preceding the hostname by a minus (-) sign. Users from that host must always supply additional credentials, including possibly a password. For security reasons you should always use the FQDN of the hostname and not the short hostname. The username entry grants a specific user access to all user accounts (except root) without supplying a password. That means the user is NOT restricted to like-named accounts. The username may be (optionally) preceded by a plus (+) sign. You can also explicitly deny access to a specific user by preceding the username with a minus (-) sign. This says that the user is not trusted no matter what other entries for that host exist. Netgroups can be specified by preceding the netgroup by an @ sign. Be extremely careful when using the plus (+) sign. A simple typographical error could result in a standalone plus sign. A standalone plus sign is a wildcard character that means "any host"! FILES
/etc/hosts.equiv NOTES
Some systems will honor the contents of this file only when it has owner root and no write permission for anybody else. Some exceptionally paranoid systems even require that there be no other hard links to the file. Modern systems use the Pluggable Authentication Modules library (PAM). With PAM a standalone plus sign is considered a wildcard character which means "any host" only when the word promiscuous is added to the auth component line in your PAM file for the particular service (e.g., rlogin). EXAMPLE
Below are some example /etc/host.equiv or ~/.rhosts files. Allow any user to log in from any host: + Allow any user from host with a matching local account to log in: host Note: the use of +host is never a valid syntax, including attempting to specify that any user from the host is allowed. Allow any user from host to log in: host + Note: this is distinct from the previous example since it does not require a matching local account. Allow user from host to log in as any non-root user: host user Allow all users with matching local accounts from host to log in except for baduser: host -baduser host Deny all users from host: -host Note: the use of -host -user is never a valid syntax, including attempting to specify that a particular user from the host is not trusted. Allow all users with matching local accounts on all hosts in a netgroup: +@netgroup Disallow all users on all hosts in a netgroup: -@netgroup Allow all users in a netgroup to log in from host as any non-root user: host +@netgroup Allow all users with matching local accounts on all hosts in a netgroup except baduser: +@netgroup -baduser +@netgroup Note: the deny statements must always precede the allow statements because the file is processed sequentially until the first matching rule is found. SEE ALSO
rhosts(5), rlogind(8), rshd(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2015-07-23 HOSTS.EQUIV(5)