Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Text extraction
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Text extraction Post 302848313 by Junaid Subhani on Thursday 29th of August 2013 03:09:38 AM
Old 08-29-2013
Thankyou.
This is the output I get:

Code:
awk -vf1=file1.txt -vf2=file2.txt '/^</ {print > f1} /^>/ {print > f2}' /var/tmp/cron_backups/debmed_tmp
awk: can't open file 
 record number 1

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for text extraction from a file

Hi All, I am new to Shell Scripting. I have a file consisting of XML messages.Each message is associated with a timestamp value(it is not a xml field).I need to extract\copy all messages in a particular time interval and put in another new file using Shell Scripting. My XML looks like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction of perfect text from file.

Hi All, I have a file of the following format. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?> <tomcat-users> <role rolename="tomcat"/> <role rolename="role1"/> <role rolename="manager"/> <role rolename="admin"/> <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/> <user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

extraction of data from a text file which follows certain pattern

hi everybody, i have a file, in it I need to extract some data that follows a particular pattern.. For example: my file contains like now running Speak225 sep 22 mon 16:34:05 2008 -------------------------------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohkris
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String extraction from a text file

The following script code works great for extracting 'postmaster' from a line of text stored in a variable named string: string="PenaltyError:=554 5.7.1 Error, send your mail to postmaster@LOCALDOMAIN" stuff=$( echo $string | cut -d@ -f1 | awk '{ print $NF }' ) echo $stuff However, I need to be... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of data from multiple text files, and creation of a chart

Hello dear friends, My problem as explained below seems really basic. Fact is that I'm totally new to programming, and have only a week to produce a script ( CShell or Perl ? ) to perform this action. While searching on the forums, I found a command that could help me, but I don't know... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ackheron
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of text using sed or awk command

Hi All, I need to extract 543 from the command below : # pvscan PV /dev/sdb1 VG vg0 lvm2 Total: 1 543.88 GB] / in use: 1 / in no VG: 0 I have the following command which does the job, but I think this could be achieved in a more simple way using sed or awk. Any help is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

extraction

I have following input @xxxxxx@ I want to extract what's between @....@ that is : xxxx using SED command (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - horizontal and vertical text extraction

Hi, I need some help in getting extracting the specific horizontal and vertical texts in a single line. I am trying to extract few of the parameters from a config file. Your help is appreciated. Desired Output ---------------- Pool members members ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pratheeshp
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed text extraction between 2 patterns using variables

Hi everyone! I'm writting a function in .bashrc to extract some text from a file. The file looks like this: " random text Begin CG step 1 random text Begin CG step 2 ... Begin CG step 100 random text" For a given number, let's say 70, I want all the text between "Begin CG... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: radudownload
4 Replies
unix2dos(1)						      General Commands Manual						       unix2dos(1)

NAME
unix2dos - UNIX to DOS text file format converter SYNOPSYS
unix2dos [options] [-c convmode] [-o file ...] [-n infile outfile ...] Options: [-hkqV] [--help] [--keepdate] [--quiet] [--version] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents unix2dos, the program that converts text files in UNIX format to DOS format. OPTIONS
The following options are available: -h --help Print online help. -k --keepdate Keep the date stamp of output file same as input file. -q --quiet Quiet mode. Suppress all warning and messages. -V --version Prints version information. -c --convmode convmode Sets conversion mode. Simulates unix2dos under SunOS. -o --oldfile file ... Old file mode. Convert the file and write output to it. The program default to run in this mode. Wildcard names may be used. -n --newfile infile outfile ... New file mode. Convert the infile and write output to outfile. File names must be given in pairs and wildcard names should NOT be used or you WILL lost your files. EXAMPLES
Get input from stdin and write output to stdout. unix2dos Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. unix2dos a.txt b.txt unix2dos -o a.txt b.txt Convert and replace a.txt in ASCII conversion mode. Convert and replace b.txt in ISO conversion mode. unix2dos a.txt -c iso b.txt unix2dos -c ascii a.txt -c iso b.txt Convert and replace a.txt while keeping original date stamp. unix2dos -k a.txt unix2dos -k -o a.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos -n a.txt e.txt Convert a.txt and write to e.txt, keep date stamp of e.txt same as a.txt. unix2dos -k -n a.txt e.txt Convert and replace a.txt. Convert b.txt and write to e.txt. unix2dos a.txt -n b.txt e.txt unix2dos -o a.txt -n b.txt e.txt Convert c.txt and write to e.txt. Convert and replace a.txt. Convert and replace b.txt. Convert d.txt and write to f.txt. unix2dos -n c.txt e.txt -o a.txt b.txt -n d.txt f.txt DIAGNOSTICS
BUGS
The program does not work properly under MSDOS in stdio processing mode. If you know why is that so, please tell me. AUTHOR
Benjamin Lin - ( blin@socs.uts.edu.au ) MISCELLANY
Tested environment: Linux 1.2.0 with GNU C 2.5.8 SunOS 4.1.3 with GNU C 2.6.3 MS-DOS 6.20 with Borland C++ 4.02 Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. SEE ALSO
dos2unix(1) 1995.03.31 unix2dos v2.2 unix2dos(1)