Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find a phrase and pull all lines that follow until the phrase occurs again? Post 302848171 by Scottie1954 on Wednesday 28th of August 2013 04:45:49 PM
Old 08-28-2013
Yeah, I've been a bit cryptic with what's in the file as it has mostly confidential data. It would take some effort to redact. Anyway, I've tried both replies here with no luck. The sed suggestion produces a parsing error and the awk returns no data. I'm running /usr/bin/sh on hp-ux.

The number that I want to search between is in the last column of the report header. If I use the following code I can see the numbers change, but I don't know how to grab the lines in between. Thank you.
Code:
grep 'PAGE NO:' reportfile | awk '{ print $NF }'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dont Know How to Phrase the Title

Ok i have an expect script that logs into an appliance kinda like a Cisco router, runs a command, and I need to get some calculation out of the output of that command. The reason I have to use an expect script is the data I am trying to harvest does not have an SNMP variable assigned to it. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barney34
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

match a phrase

Hi, I have a these sentences. $sent1="Transactivation of wound-responsive genes containing the core sequence of the auxin-responsive element by a wound-induced protein kinase-activated transcription factor in tobacco plants."; $sent2="I branching formation in erythroid differentiation is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert phrase

I am converting a mysql database from myIsam to innodb. After dumping all databases to a file, I am trying to make modification: sed s/ENGINE=MyISAM/ENGINE=InnoDB/ dump_1 > dump_1_inno however, when I import the modified dump file to mysql server, I got error: ERROR 1214 (HY000) at line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find PHRASE and PATH

I've got a script which finds *.txt files in directories and subdirectories after providing the path by the user and then searches in the files for phrase given by the user How to write script in such way that the paths to the found *.txt files and the phrase given by the user were both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrykxes
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find longest phrase

Hi Everyone, I am trying to write a shell script that can find the longest phrase that appears at least twice in an online news article. The HTML has been parsed through an HTML parser, converted to XML and the article content extracted. I have put this article content in a text file to work... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: stargazerr
24 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting 15 characters after search phrase

I have data that looks like this: 2002 140 40800.0060 GPS 20 C1 25477810.2305 2002 140 41100.0060 GPS 20 C1 25298056.0453 I need to get data after certain pattern.. for example if i search for C1 it should return 25477810.2305 25298056.0453 To achieve this, it should: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bfr
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting line matching a phrase and then the next lines after it

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could tell me a way to extract from a file lines where you search for a phrase and then also extract the next X lines after it (i.e. take a block of text from the file)? Example { id=123 time=10:00:00 date=12/12/09 { ........ ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: muay_tb
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding about the (/) in the phrase

Hello, I am trying to print lines from a text file using this command gawk '/Filename:/' 11.rtf >> 22.rtf and it work ok. but if the phrase has included forward (/) something like that gawk '/File/name:/' 11.rtf >> 22.rtf it give error . so is there any manipulation when it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidkhan
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk help: how to pull phrase and one column from line above?

Hi everyone, Here's my awk statement so far: awk '/TOTAL TYPE:/{print x;print};{x=$0}' file1 >file2 'file1' has too much proprietary data in it to include here, so let's go with the output from code above. It looks like this: 123456 JAMES T KIRK D ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
2 Replies
QHBoxLayout(3qt)														  QHBoxLayout(3qt)

NAME
QHBoxLayout - Lines up widgets horizontally SYNOPSIS
#include <qlayout.h> Inherits QBoxLayout. Public Members QHBoxLayout ( QWidget * parent, int margin = 0, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) QHBoxLayout ( QLayout * parentLayout, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) QHBoxLayout ( int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) ~QHBoxLayout () DESCRIPTION
The QHBoxLayout class lines up widgets horizontally. This class is used to construct horizontal box layout objects. See QBoxLayout for more details. The simplest use of the class is like this: QBoxLayout * l = new QHBoxLayout( widget ); l->setAutoAdd( TRUE ); new QSomeWidget( widget ); new QSomeOtherWidget( widget ); new QAnotherWidget( widget ); or like this: QBoxLayout * l = new QHBoxLayout( widget ); l->addWidget( existingChildOfWidget ); l->addWidget( anotherChildOfWidget ); <center> [Image Omitted] </center> See also QVBoxLayout, QGridLayout, the Layout overview, Widget Appearance and Style, and Layout Management. MEMBER FUNCTION DOCUMENTATION
QHBoxLayout::QHBoxLayout ( QWidget * parent, int margin = 0, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a new top-level horizontal box called name, with parent parent. The margin is the number of pixels between the edge of the widget and its managed children. The spacing is the default number of pixels between neighboring children. If spacing is -1 the value of margin is used for spacing. QHBoxLayout::QHBoxLayout ( QLayout * parentLayout, int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a new horizontal box called name name and adds it to parentLayout. The spacing is the default number of pixels between neighboring children. If spacing is -1, this QHBoxLayout will inherit its parent's spacing(). QHBoxLayout::QHBoxLayout ( int spacing = -1, const char * name = 0 ) Constructs a new horizontal box called name name. You must add it to another layout. The spacing is the default number of pixels between neighboring children. If spacing is -1, this QHBoxLayout will inherit its parent's spacing(). QHBoxLayout::~QHBoxLayout () Destroys this box layout. The layout's widgets aren't destroyed. SEE ALSO
http://doc.trolltech.com/qhboxlayout.html http://www.trolltech.com/faq/tech.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1992-2007 Trolltech ASA, http://www.trolltech.com. See the license file included in the distribution for a complete license statement. AUTHOR
Generated automatically from the source code. BUGS
If you find a bug in Qt, please report it as described in http://doc.trolltech.com/bughowto.html. Good bug reports help us to help you. Thank you. The definitive Qt documentation is provided in HTML format; it is located at $QTDIR/doc/html and can be read using Qt Assistant or with a web browser. This man page is provided as a convenience for those users who prefer man pages, although this format is not officially supported by Trolltech. If you find errors in this manual page, please report them to qt-bugs@trolltech.com. Please include the name of the manual page (qhboxlayout.3qt) and the Qt version (3.3.8). Trolltech AS 2 February 2007 QHBoxLayout(3qt)