Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming String array iteration causing segfault Post 302847771 by rupeshkp728 on Tuesday 27th of August 2013 05:04:37 PM
Old 08-27-2013
I meant whatever you said in your second comment was correct and so inspite of being zero loop went infinetely.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Linux] How Do I Run Until Segfault

Hello, sorry if this has been posted before but i was wondering if there is a way to run a program until a segmentation fault is found. Currently i'm using a simple shell script which runs my program 100 times, sleeps 1 second because srand(time(0)) is dependent on seconds. Is there a possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aslambilal
1 Replies

2. Programming

id3lib SEGFAULT

Hello everyone, I'm writing a program using the id3lib unfortunately I've encountered with memory issue that cause segmentation fault. I tried to rerun and analyze the program with valgrind but it doesn't point me anywhere. I really stuck on this one. Valgrind output: ==14716== Invalid read of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: errb
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ITERATION: remove row based on string value

It is my first post, hoping to get help from the forum. In a directory, I have 5000 multiple files that contains around 4000 rows with 10 columns in each file containing a unique string 'AT' located at 4th column. OM 3328 O BT 268 5.800 7.500 4.700 0.000 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asanjuan
9 Replies

4. Programming

Is Drive Valid Segfault

I have a program that allows users to specify the debug log file location and name. I have tried using the access() and stat() but they both segfault if the drive say (d:\) is invalid. Both seem to be fine if the drive exists. Could someone please point me in the direction to a function that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robfwauk
1 Replies

5. Programming

segfault in pointer to string program

hello all, my question is not about How code can be rewritten, i just wanna know even though i am not using read only memory of C (i have declared str) why this function gives me segfault :wall:and the other code executes comfortably though both code uses same pointer arithmetic. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zius_oram
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

passing letters from an array into a string for string comparison

attempting the hangman program. This was an optional assignment from the professor. I have completed the logical coding, debugging now. ##I have an array $wordString that initializes to a string of dashes ##reflecting the number of letters in $theWord ##every time the user enters a (valid)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lotsofideas
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop is causing ssh command to exit from script after first iteration.

I am trying to check multiple server's "uptime" in a loop over "ssh". When I execute multiple ssh commands with hard coded servernames script is executing fine. But when I pass server names using while loop, script is exiting after checking first server's status, why? # serverList... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
8 Replies

9. Programming

Segfault When Parsing Delimiters In C

Another project, another bump in the road and another chance to learn. I've been trying to open gzipped files and parse data from them and hit a snag. I have data in gzips with a place followed by an ip or ip range sort of like this: Some place:x.x.x.x-x.x.x.x I was able to modify some code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies
foreach(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							foreach(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
foreach - Iterate over all elements in one or more lists SYNOPSIS
foreach varname list body foreach varlist1 list1 ?varlist2 list2 ...? body _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The foreach command implements a loop where the loop variable(s) take on values from one or more lists. In the simplest case there is one loop variable, varname, and one list, list, that is a list of values to assign to varname. The body argument is a Tcl script. For each element of list (in order from first to last), foreach assigns the contents of the element to varname as if the lindex command had been used to extract the element, then calls the Tcl interpreter to execute body. In the general case there can be more than one value list (e.g., list1 and list2), and each value list can be associated with a list of loop variables (e.g., varlist1 and varlist2). During each iteration of the loop the variables of each varlist are assigned consecutive values from the corresponding list. Values in each list are used in order from first to last, and each value is used exactly once. The total number of loop iterations is large enough to use up all the values from all the value lists. If a value list does not contain enough elements for each of its loop variables in each iteration, empty values are used for the missing elements. The break and continue statements may be invoked inside body, with the same effect as in the for command. Foreach returns an empty string. EXAMPLES
The following loop uses i and j as loop variables to iterate over pairs of elements of a single list. set x {} foreach {i j} {a b c d e f} { lappend x $j $i } # The value of x is "b a d c f e" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. The next loop uses i and j to iterate over two lists in parallel. set x {} foreach i {a b c} j {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j } # The value of x is "a d b e c f {} g" # There are 4 iterations of the loop. The two forms are combined in the following example. set x {} foreach i {a b c} {j k} {d e f g} { lappend x $i $j $k } # The value of x is "a d e b f g c {} {}" # There are 3 iterations of the loop. SEE ALSO
for(n), while(n), break(n), continue(n) KEYWORDS
foreach, iteration, list, looping Tcl foreach(n)