Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problems with 'for' in bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problems with 'for' in bash Post 302847581 by vbe on Tuesday 27th of August 2013 09:45:42 AM
Old 08-27-2013
if you use for loop then you need to stick to its syntax:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

export event_list="17 20 21"

for event in $event_list
do
   echo Evento $event - Tarro
done

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problems with bash

Hi. I'm really a newbie trying to make my new Mac (OS 10.3) run some science programs under the X11 environment. I have been trying to install GDE2.2. In short, after several attempts I came to the URL http://www.mutatedmonkeys.com/factslog/archives/000830.html. And I thought that was my lucky... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tribu13
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd problems in bash

Hi, I'm having problems with the "cd" command in bash not changing directories. From what I've read, I've gathered that scripts are child processes and can't change the directory of their parent process. How do I get around this problem? Thanks, Eric (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kweekwom
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip via bash startup script problems

i have two lines in my rc.local file that are wget -O/<path>/<file>.zip url://domain.com unzip -o /<path>/<file>.zip the wget works fine, but the unzip won't work. when i copy/pase the unzip line to the prompt it works fine. i thought that maybe the unzip was running before the wget... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: easysnowboards
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner bash scripting - a few problems

Hey Guys, I am creating a bash script on my freeBSD box, the script should basically ask the user to enter a username and domain. The script will take this information and basically append alot of information to config files so the user can receive email from that domain and create a web site at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: traxy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH/SH] Regex/Rematching Problems

Hi anyone, since Sunday I try to create a schellscript that reads the last 10 lines of text out of a log and parses the guid's of the entrys in there. The log looks like this: ClienUserinfo: ... \cl_guid\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\...i tried to parse it like this: for line in $(tail -n 10... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: s0lll0s
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problems with bash script

Hello, can someone please help me to fix this script, I have a 2 files, one file has hostname information and second file has console information of the hosts in each line, I have written a script which actually reads each line in hostname file and should grep in the console file and paste the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

bash error checking problems[solved]

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I am trying to make a script called showtime that displays the current time for a given city. The problem is on... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevin298
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with expect and sftp in bash

I'm having trouble with some automated sftp pulls. I'm using expect inside bash scripts and spawning SFTP. Some times the expect seems bog down. I have tried to put sleeps in my code to give everything time to work before I move on to next step but I till continue to get issues. For example when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gosteen
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash with problems related to files

Hi unix people, i'm really a newbie and i've created a small bash to process some picture with ImageMagick. I have just some issue and i think this script, if we can help me to correct in right way, could be useful! Basically i have a Eyefi Card who puts files into a folder called "picture"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: riccardo
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed problems - Bash Script

Hi I keep getting the following error sed: -e expression #1, char 32: unterminated `s' command sed: -e expression #1, char 35: unterminated `s' command sed: -e expression #1, char 35: unterminated `s' command whenever I use the following bash script #! /bin/bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spbr
2 Replies
XSendExtensionEvent(3X11)					    X FUNCTIONS 					 XSendExtensionEvent(3X11)

NAME
XSendExtensionEvent - send input extension events to a client SYNTAX
Status XSendExtensionEvent(Display *display, XDevice *device, Window destination, Bool propagate, int event_count, XEventClass *event_list, XEvent *event_send); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. device Specifies the device from which the events are to be sent. destination Specifies the window the event is to be sent to. You can pass window id, PointerWindow, or InputFocus. propagate Specifies a Boolean value that is either True or False. event_count Specifies the count of XEventClasses in event_list. event_list Specifies the list of event selections to be used. event_send Specifies a pointer to the event that is to be sent. DESCRIPTION The XSendExtensionEvent request identifies the destination window, determines which clients should receive the specified events, and ignores any active grabs. This request requires you to pass an event class list. For a discussion of the valid event class names, see XOpenDevice(3X11). This request uses the w argument to identify the destination window as follows: o If w is PointerWindow , the destination window is the window that contains the pointer. o If w is InputFocus and if the focus window contains the pointer, the destination window is the window that contains the pointer; oth- erwise, the destination window is the focus window. To determine which clients should receive the specified events, XSendExtensionEvent uses the propagate argument as follows: o If event_list is the empty set, the event is sent to the client that created the destination window. If that client no longer exists, no event is sent. o If propagate is False, the event is sent to every client selecting on destination any of the event types specified by the event_list array. o If propagate is True and no clients have selected on destination any of the events specified by the event_list array, the destination is replaced with the closest ancestor of destination for which some client has selected a type specified by the event-list array and for which no intervening window has that type in its do-not-propagate-mask. If no such window exists or if the window is an ancestor of the focus window and InputFocus was originally specified as the destination, the event is not sent to any clients. Otherwise, the event is reported to every client selecting on the final destination any of the events specified in the event_list array. The event in the XEvent structure must be one of the events defined by the input extension (or a BadValue error results) so that the X server can correctly byte-swap the contents as necessary. The contents of the event are otherwise unaltered and unchecked by the X server except to force send_event to True in the forwarded event and to set the serial number in the event correctly. XSendExtensionEvent returns zero if the conversion to wire protocol format failed and returns nonzero otherwise. XSendExtensionEvent can generate BadClass, BadDevice, BadValue, and BadWindow errors. DIAGNOSTICS
BadDevice An invalid device was specified. The specified device does not exist or has not been opened by this client via XOpenInputDe- vice. This error may also occur if the specified device is the X keyboard or X pointer device. BadValue Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argument, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can gener- ate this error. BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
Programming with Xlib XFree86 Version 4.7.0 XSendExtensionEvent(3X11)