Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Gnuplot terminal set to 'unknown' Post 302846343 by DGPickett on Friday 23rd of August 2013 02:29:35 PM
Old 08-23-2013
After you install and before you run, you need to configure it as described in the link.

If the binaries are available and you have enough permissions to install them, they are usually simpler than a configure/make. Either way, you get default options until you configure. I just used the installer in Ubuntu, mostly, or binaries.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Unknown terminal v2700

Hi.. i tried to login the solaris server from my desktop(putty). i got one error , i.e "Unknow terminal V2700" could any body help, how it came. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
5 Replies

2. Programming

How to set stty row and columns of the terminal through C program

Hi, I'm have a big problem with one of the C programs that I'm developping. actually, I'm trying to monitor the users' session in solaris. therefore, I have used the source code of the unix "script" command. but the problem is that, when i run that program, the stty settings are lost: speed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saad26
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gnuplot wxt terminal vs x11 terminal

Hi, I installed ubuntu recently on my pc. And I installed gnuplot as well. When I first started working with gnuplot it was working . I did a plot and when I wanted to fit my data something happened and not the default terminal of gnuplot is xwt! I changed it to: set terminal x11, but it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set background color in Unix terminal

Hi All, how do I set in .profile file Unix terminal background color = BLUE ? Please advice me. :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghur77
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set terminal width inside a shell script

Hi all, I have a shell script which uses "mailx -H" to get the subject of a email in a Linux system. However, the subject is truncated, and I think it has something to do with the terminal width because it only returns the first 80 characters of each line. I have tried "stty columns"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mezzo
7 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Terminal window unknown ?

Hi all I haven't worked much in the terminal window until recently as I'm trying to install the Imagemagick package, it's not going well but thats another matter. I'm worried now that I might have done something wrong. When I open the terminal window now I get unknown-e0-f8-47-0d-1b-02:~... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ttmt
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

gnuplot set key issue

Hi I have a plotting function like this- plot '../processing_old/time0.txt' using 1:6 title "1.6" with boxes fs solid 0.05 ls 5,\ 'time0.txt' using 1:6 title "1.7" with boxes fs solid 0.05 ls 6,\ '../processing_new/time0.txt' using 1:6 title "2.0" with boxes fs solid... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep final set of parameters from fit.log gnuplot file

I would like to grep the final set of fit parameters from a gnuplot log file to form columns that look like this. a_1001 b_1001 x_1001 a_1002 b_1002 x_1002 a_1003 b_1003 x_1003 . . . . . . . . . a_1250 b_1250 c_1250 At... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayak
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Set Proxy In The Terminal & problem Package Installing

Centos Behind The Proxy Server In My System , How Can I Set In Terminal Proxy ( Username & Password ) When Using The Command yum & rpm online I Will Respond Error Thank You For Your Guidance (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnnn
28 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different set key multiplot gnuplot

Hello everybody, I am using Windows 10. I need to plot several graphs simultaneously with Gnuplot. The script is: GNUTERM = "wxt" set terminal wxt set termoption enhanced set encoding iso_8859_1 set multiplot layout 2,3 set xtics out set ytics out set xtics nomirror set ytics... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: supernono06
4 Replies
PG_BUILDEXT(1)						 Debian PostgreSQL infrastructure					    PG_BUILDEXT(1)

NAME
pg_buildext - Build and install a PostgreSQL extension SYNOPSIS
pg_buildext action srcdir target opts DESCRIPTION
pg_buildext is a script that will build a PostgreSQL extension in a VPATH way. It supports the configure, build, install, and clean actions, and will choose to build for the intersection of versions known in debian/pgversions (versions supported by the package) and in /usr/share/postgresql-common/supported-versions (versions supported in this release). OPTIONS
action One of configure, build, install, or clean. srcdir Where to find the extension sources, including the debian subdirectory. (Usually $(CURDIR).) If not specified, defaults to the current directory. target The target directory where to build the sources, it will get created for you if it does not exist. If the target contains a %v sign, it will get replaced by the specific version of PostgreSQL being built against. (Usually build-%v.) opts %v signs in opts will get replaced as in target. configure Options to pass to the configure script. (Most PostgreSQL extensions do not have a configure script.) build Custom CFLAGS options to use for the build. install Package name to install for. Make will be called with DESTDIR="srcdir/debian/package". clean clean does not take extra options. USAGE
As pg_buildext invokes make for the build, install, and clean actions, invocations from debian/rules (which is a makefile) should be prefixed with + so the sub-makes can talk with the make jobserver. EXAMPLE
build-stamp: +pg_buildext configure $(CURDIR) build-%v "--libdir=/usr/lib/postgresql/%v/lib --datadir=/usr/share/postgresql-%v-plsh" +pg_buildext build $(CURDIR) build-%v install: build +pg_buildext install $(CURDIR) build-%v postgresql-%v-plsh clean: +pg_buildext clean $(CURDIR) build-%v AUTHOR
Dimitri Fontaine <dim@tapoueh.org>, with extensions by Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org>. Debian 2012-10-08 PG_BUILDEXT(1)