Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ed command execution in script file Post 302846103 by Kanch on Friday 23rd of August 2013 03:39:27 AM
Old 08-23-2013
Code Ed command execution in script file

Code:

for file in File_Name*
        do
                ed -s $file << 'EOF'
                0a
                $Header_Record
                $a
                w
                EOF
        done

The above command is executing in the unix box but is not when I write it in script file.

Is there another format for this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capturing last command execution status in a script.

How to capture output or numeric part given by $? command into the variable? If I go for var=`$?` then $var is found empty. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command execution ??

hi i have small shell script as follows cd /utilities/promoter/tmp grep SENDREPLY $1 | grep 'zzzzz@zzz.com' | awk -F" -f1 > /tmp/$LOGNAME/$1.request cd /tmp/$LOGNAME grep -e "\.sql" -e "\.md" $1.request > upd_$1.txt grep -v -e "\.sql" -e "\.md" $1.request > copy_$1.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zedex
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script execution dependent upon a file landing in a certain directory

Hi all, I'm looking to write a script that is dependent upon the existence of 2 files each in separate directories. My thought was to do: **psuedo code ** execute script check directory 1 for file1 if file exists then execute script 2 ( checking directory 2 for file 2) else... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: keladar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Output of a shell script into a file.

Hi Experts, I have a script called test.sh. I am trying to execute it with sh -x test.sh. Where i can find sequence of steps executed one by one. Now i want to these executions to be captured in a file. i.e sh -x test.sh > output.txt the above one is notworking. can anyone help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parallel execution of command inside file

Hi all, I have the requirement to generate the file containing following command eval /path/ dsjob -logdetail projectname JOBNAME /path/ 1. The file contains the above command say about 150 times i,e only the JOBNAME changes in every command 2. The commands must be written in such a way... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjay mn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution Problem with dispalying file content using menu driven script

HI All.. below is my menu options script. in option 2,3 and 4 im giving input and they are saving into their respective text file. problem is when im trying to "cat" those files in options 7,8 and 9 im not getting the output. no respective file contents are displaying on screen. but if i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to terminate command execution when string found in the command output

Hi Experts, I am very much new to linux scripting, I am currently working on reducing my manual work and hence writing a script to automate few task. I am running below command to snmpwalk the router.. snmpwalk -v 3 -u WANDL_SU -a MD5 -A vfipmpls -x DES -X VfIpMpLs -l authPriv... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanumant.madane
19 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execution of command at command prompt

Hello Experts, I am still learning linux and have come across a question, hope to get some answer. I have two servers, and both have the same version of svn client installed and both have the same user_id. my SVN client version: svn, version 1.6.11 (r934486) compiled Mar 2 2011,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: babyPen1985
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bashrc File - Conditional Command Execution?

Hello All, I was wondering if there is a way to execute a command in my ".bashrc" file based on how I logged into the PC? I was thinking maybe there is a way to check how the user (*myself) logged in, maybe somehow with the who command along with something else, but I'm not sure... I know I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)