Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Retune my script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Retune my script Post 302845837 by Tytalus on Thursday 22nd of August 2013 11:25:00 AM
Old 08-22-2013
Is this close to what you're after :

Code:
awk '{n=NF;for (i=1;i<=n;i++){t[i]=t[i]" "$i}}END{for (i=1;i<=n;i++){print t[i]}}' tmp1 tmp2

This User Gave Thanks to Tytalus For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statment, based on retune value

hello im working on a project for the iphone to write a termainal based program we have bsd subsystem installed so have access to most unix command i have a executable called coordinates, which get the coordinates of the iphone when this runs it returns to the terminal the text of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toliver182
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
RowColHandler(3pm)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation					RowColHandler(3pm)

NAME
Lire::ReportParser::RowColHandler - Lire::ReportParser subclass which synthetize row SYNOPSIS
In XML Report processors: package MyParser; use base qw/Lire::ReportParser::RowColHandler/; sub handle_header_row { my ( $self, $row ) = @_; ... } sub handle_row { my ( $self, $row ) = @_; ... } sub handle_table_summary { my ( $self, $nrecords, $row ) = @_; .... } DESCRIPTION
The Lire::ReportParser::RowColHandler module is a Lire::ReportParser subclass which will synthetize handle_row() events. This makes it easier to write subclases which onlypurpose is to format the report. Instead of having to reconstruct the table row from the various entry_start, group_start, handle_name, events, the subclass only has to process handle_row() events. USING Lire::ReportParser::RowColHandler Client only have to inherit from Lire::ReportParser::RowColHandler. After that, they can define handle_row(), handle_header_row() and handle_table_summary() method. There is a parameter that the RowColHandler accepts and its "summary_when" which specify when the handle_table_summary() event will be synthetised ( "before" or "after" the table's body.) When it's "before" the event will be generated after the header_row events but before any handle_row() events. Otherwise, it will be generated once all handle_row() events are processed. The default is "before". handle_table_summary( $nrecords, $row ) Called after the table summary is available (and depending on the "summary_when" initialisation parameter). $nrecords contains the number of records used to compute the report and $row is an array reference to the table summary value. The $row array contains as much elements as there is columns in the table. Only the numerical column will have a value in there, others will be set to undef. The summary value are hash reference containing the same values than is available in the Lire::ReportParser's handle_summary_value() event. handle_header_row( $row ) This will called once for each header row there is. The first header row contains all the numerical columns as well as the main categorical column. $row is an array reference containing as much element as there is columns in the table. Column's labels which shouldn't appear on this row are undef. Other elements will contain the related Lire::Report::ColumnInfo object. handle_row( $row ) This event will be called for each row to display in the table. $row is an array reference containing the data that should appear in the row. It contains as many elements as there are columns defined in the table. Empty column will have undef as content. Other elements will be an hash reference identical to what would be received in the handle_name() or handle_value() method of Lire::ReportParser. The only difference is that summary value will have a key "is_summary" set to 1. In the case of spanning columns, the data element will be in the col_start() element. The other cells will be undef. SEE ALSO
Lire::ReportParser(3pm) Lire::Report::ColumnInfo(3pm) VERSION
$Id: RowColHandler.pm,v 1.13 2006/07/23 13:16:31 vanbaal Exp $ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This file is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 RowColHandler(3pm)