Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Run ps aux continuously in AIX Post 302845281 by NarayanaPrakash on Wednesday 21st of August 2013 07:47:33 AM
Old 08-21-2013
@zaxxon

so in general what are the difference b/w ps o/p and
Code:
topas (top or prstat)

in terms of %cpu.

also in an AIX machine what is the better way to monitor cpu utilization for all the process and record this for a time period if needed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PS -aux and PS

I am new to the Unix. Can someone tell me what is the difference between 'PS' command and 'PS -aux"? Isn't 'PS' mean the current running process? Isn't 'PS -aux' mean the current running process too? If they are the same, how come 'PS -aux' always has a lot more listing than 'PS'? Thanks, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2715mt
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ps aux|grep getty

what is the aim of this command: ps aux|grep getty (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a script continuously for 10 minutes

Hi all!! Im using ksh and my OS is Linux. I want to run a script for ten minutes, starting from my current system time. How to acheive this? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jayaraman
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to get the list of file with size in AUX

to get the list of file name with size Example: rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562KB Nov 6 19:22 a rwxrwxrwx 1 cm x 562MB Nov 6 19:22 a edit by bakunin: Please view this code tag video for how to use code tags when posting code and data. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps aux + grep + nice + while

Hi again, well does anyone knows how can i grep a process that right know the only part of the process name that i know is "backup" then renice it if the cpu consumption is more then 90% ... for now i have : a=$(ps aux | grep -c backup ) while $a > 2 #pseudo code do if ; then #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
16 Replies

6. AIX

Difference between ps -ef and ps aux

Hi, Can someone tell me what the difference is between ps -ef and ps aux. I was under the assumption that both commands would list ALL processes currently running on the system. But on my server I find the following: # ps -ef | wc -l 519 # ps aux | wc -l 571 What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract a column from ps -aux command

Hi, I have the following output : root 9296 81.7 0.2 1115328 20856 ? Sl 14:38 1:00 /opt/h264rtptranscoder.bin --videoPort=14500 --audioPort=14501 --serverPort=14500 --framesPerSecond=50 --profilesPath=/opt/transcodingProfiles I would like to have the following output : ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: liviusbr
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a process continuously for an hour then stop?

Hi I have a shell script I would like to run it has to run twice a day every 5 seconds for an hour I can do this with cron but I was hoping there was an easier way. Is there a way to make a process sleep only at a certain time of day say between 1 and 2 pm? Or under certain conditions? Any help... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get PID Number from “ps aux --sort -rss ”

Hi everyone How can I just get the PID of the following command: ps aux --sort -rss Thanks Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymuser
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the exact process using ps aux command?

Please do not post a technical question in the @How to contact....' forum. I have moved this for you. Hello Everyone, Please help me on this, Requirement here is to check whether the process is running using the process id. For the below scenario, I m trying to grep 1750 process id to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari A
3 Replies
KCPUSET(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						KCPUSET(9)

NAME
kcpuset, kcpuset_create, kcpuset_destroy, kcpuset_copy, kcpuset_use, kcpuset_unuse, kcpuset_copyin, kcpuset_copyout, kcpuset_zero, kcpuset_fill, kcpuset_set, kcpuset_clear, kcpuset_isset, kcpuset_iszero, kcpuset_match, kcpuset_merge, kcpuset_atomic_set, kcpuset_atomic_clear -- dynamic kernel CPU sets SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/kcpuset.h> void kcpuset_create(kcpuset_t **retkcp, bool zero); void kcpuset_destroy(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_copy(kcpuset_t *dkcp, kcpuset_t *skcp); void kcpuset_use(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_unuse(kcpuset_t *kcp, kcpuset_t **lst); int kcpuset_copyin(const cpuset_t *ucp, kcpuset_t *kcp, size_t len); int kcpuset_copyout(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuset_t *ucp, size_t len); void kcpuset_zero(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_fill(kcpuset_t *kcp); void kcpuset_set(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); void kcpuset_clear(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); int kcpuset_isset(kcpuset_t * kcp, cpuid_t cpu); bool kcpuset_iszero(kcpuset_t *kcp); bool kcpuset_match(const kcpuset_t *kcp1, const kcpuset_t *kcp2); void kcpuset_merge(kcpuset_t *kcp1, kcpuset_t *kcp2); void kcpuset_atomic_set(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); void kcpuset_atomic_clear(kcpuset_t *kcp, cpuid_t cpu); DESCRIPTION
The machine-independent kcpuset subsystem provides support for dynamic processor sets. Conceptually kcpuset can be understood to be the ker- nel equivalent of the user space cpuset(3) interface. FUNCTIONS
kcpuset_create(retkcp, zero) The kcpuset_create() function creates a dynamic CPU set and stores the result to retkcp. If the boolean zero is not false, the allocated set is also initialized to zero. kcpuset_destroy(kcp) Destroys the CPU set kcp and schedules any linked CPU sets for deferred destruction. kcpuset_copy(dkcp, skcp) Copies the CPU set pointed by skcp to dkcp. kcpuset_use(kcp) Marks kcp as being in use by increasing the reference count of the object. Note that initially kcpuset_create() sets the reference count to 1. kcpuset_unuse(kcp, lst) Decreases the internal reference count of kcp, and on the last reference (when the count reaches zero), destroys kcp. If lst is not NULL, then instead of destroying, kcp will be added to the lst list for a deferred destruction. kcpuset_copyin(ucp, kcp, len) Copies the len bytes long user-space CPU set ucp to the kernel CPU set kcp. kcpuset_copyout(kcp, ucp, len) Copies the kernel CPU set kcp to the user-space CPU set ucp. kcpuset_zero(kcp) Clears the set kcp. kcpuset_fill(kcp) Fills the whole set kcp with ones. kcpuset_set(kcp, cpu) Adds cpu to the set kcp. kcpuset_clear(kcp, cpu) Removes cpu from the set kcp. kcpuset_isset(kcp, cpu) Returns 1 if cpu is part of the CPU set kcp. kcpuset_iszero(kcp) Returns true if the set kcp is empty. kcpuset_match(kcp1, kcp2) Compares the sets kcp1 and kcp2, returning true if these are identical. kcpuset_merge(kcp1, kcp2) Merges the set kcp2 to the set kcp1. kcpuset_atomic_set(kcp, cpu) The kcpuset_atomic_set() function operates as kcpuset_set(), but the operation is atomic; see atomic_ops(3) for more details. kcpuset_atomic_clear(kcp, cpu) Removes cpu from the CPU set kcp atomically. CODE REFERENCES
The kcpuset subsystem is implemented within sys/kern/subr_kcpuset.c. SEE ALSO
cpuset(3) HISTORY
The kcpuset subsystem first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
October 6, 2011 BSD