Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Storing the SQL results in array variables Post 302843687 by verdepollo on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 12:19:30 PM
Old 08-14-2013
We're not Unix consultants that work to solve user requirements.

Here's a start using heredoc:
Code:
output=$(sqlplus <...> <<EOF
start $1.sql
quit
EOF
)
echo $output

Unfortunately that's a pretty vague answer, but it would be easier if you posted specific questions and not the whole requirement.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while storing sql query value in a variable

Hi, When i execute the below statement , the value is not getting stored in the variable. AnneeExercice=`sqlplus $LOGSQL/$PASSWORDSQL << FIN >> $GEMOLOG/gemo_reprev_reel_data_ventil_$filiale.trc SELECT bi09exercice FROM bi09_scenario WHERE bi09idfiliale=UPPER('de') AND ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishna_gnv
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing variables in array.Please help

Hi All, I need some help with arrays. I need to take input from the user for hostname, username and password until he enters .(dot) or any other character and store the values in the variable array. I would further connect to the hostname using username and passwd and copy files from server to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing commands in $variables.

Hi I'm trying to store commands in variables... like so.. # lastcmd=" $t1 | $t2 | $t3 | $t4 | sort | uniq" t1="sed -e 's/http:/<li><a href=\"http:/'" t2="sed -e 's/http:.*/&\">&<\/a>Web Link<br>/'" t3="sed -e 's/.*. mailto:/<li><a href=\"mailto:/'" t4="sed -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paulw0t
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: storing regex in array variables trouble

hi this is an example of code: use strict; use warnings; open FILE, "/tmp/result_2"; my $regex="\\ Starting program ver. (.*)"; my $res="Program started, version <$1> - OK.\n"; while (<FILE>) { if ($_ =~ /($regex)/) { print "$res"; } } close FILE; This finds $regex and print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xist
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Storing variables and using them..

Hello Apologies for not having the most accurate of thread titles.. I'm using IBM Rational Synergy CM software. I use the Synergy commands in tandem with Unix commands. I have a directory containing source code objects: bash-3.00$ ccm ls *.fmb *.rdf *.pll *.mmb cre_applications.fmb-1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glyn_Mo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing outputs into variables

I need to know how to store output from one command so that it can initiate another command. chktraf -s | cut -c1-4 output would look like 321 142 256 342 123 Then if the value of the output = 0, then initiate next command. if then for xx in 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shaun74
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL/Plus in a coprocess example. Also saves query results into shell variables

While assisting a forum member, I recommended running SQL/Plus in a coprocess (to make database connections and run a test script) for the duration of his script rather than starting/stopping it once for every row in a file he was processing. I recalled I made a coprocess example for folks at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gary_w
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store results of multiple sql queries in shell variables in ksh?

Hi, I have a script where I make a sqlplus connection. In the script I have multiple sql queries within that sqlplus connection. I want the result of the queries to be stored in shell variables declared earlier. I dont want to use procedures. Is there anyway else. Thanks in advance.. Cheers (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux?

Hi, I am new to linux... How to Assign SQL Query Results to Variables in Linux,i want ti generate it in param files, Can anyone please explain me. Ex: SQL> Select * from EMP; O/P: Emp_No Emp_Name 1 AAA 2 BBB 3 CCC and I want expected... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sravana Kumar
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing multiple sql queries output into variable by running sql command only once

Hi All, I want to run multiple sql queries and store the data in variable but i want to use sql command only once. Is there a way without running sql command twice and storing.Please advise. Eg : Select 'Query 1 output' from dual; Select 'Query 2 output' from dual; I want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rokkesh
3 Replies
rlm_sql_log(5)                                                   FreeRADIUS Module                                                  rlm_sql_log(5)

NAME
rlm_sql_log - FreeRADIUS Module DESCRIPTION
The rlm_sql_log module appends the SQL queries in a log file which is read later by the scripts/radsqlrelay Perl program. The purpose of this module is to de-couple the storage of long-term accounting data in SQL from "live" information needed by the RADIUS server as it's running. If you are not using SQL for simultaneous login restrictions (i.e. "sql" is not listed in the "session" section of "radiusd.conf"), then this module allows you to log SQL queries to a file, and then process them at your leisure. The benefit of this approach is that for a busy server, the overhead of performing SQL qeuries may be significant. Also, if the SQL data- bases are large (as is typical for ones storing months of data), the INSERTs and UPDATEs may take a relatively long time. Rather than slowing down the RADIUS server by having it interact with a database, you can just log the queries to a file, and then run those queries on another machine, or at a time when the RADIUS server is typically lightly loaded. If the "sql" module is listed in the "session" section of "radiusd.conf", then a similar system can still be used. In that case, one data- base would be used to maintain "live" session information. That database would be small, fast, and information would be deleted from it when a user logs out. A second database would store long-term accounting information, as described above. LIMITATIONS
This module only performs the dynamic expansion of the variables found in the SQL statements. No operation is executed on the database server. (this would be done later by an external program) That means the module is useful only with non-"SELECT" statements. CONFIGURATION
The main configuration items to be aware of are the path of the log file and the different SQL queries. path An entry named "path" sets the full path of the file where the SQL queries are recorded. (this variable is run through dynamic string expansion, and can include FreeRADIUS variables to create a dynamic filename) Accounting queries When a accounting record is processed, the module searches a config entry keyed by the Acct-Status-Type attribute present in the packet. For example, the SQL to be run on an accounting start must be named "Start" in the configuration for the module. Other usual values for Acct-Status-Type are "Stop", "Alive", "Accounting-On", etc. See the VALUEs for Acct-Status-Type in the dictio- nary.rfc2866 file. Post-Auth query An entry named "Post-Auth" sets the query to run during the post-authentication stage. This query is mainly used to log sessions where there may not be a later accounting packet. modules { ... sql_log { path = "${radacctdir}/sql-relay" acct_table = "radacct" postauth_table = "radpostauth" sql_user_name = "%{%{User-Name}:-DEFAULT}" Start = "INSERT INTO ${acct_table} ..." Stop = "UPDATE ${acct_table} SET ..." Alive = "UPDATE ${acct_table} SET ..." Post-Auth = "INSERT INTO ${postauth_table} ..." } ... } accounting { ... sql_log ... } post-auth { ... sql_log ... } SECTIONS
accounting, post-auth FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf SEE ALSO
radsqlrelay(8), radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5) AUTHOR
Nicolas Baradakis <nicolas.baradakis@cegetel.net> 28 May 2005 rlm_sql_log(5)