Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot run gdb on AIX 6.1
Operating Systems AIX Cannot run gdb on AIX 6.1 Post 302843678 by MichaelFelt on Wednesday 14th of August 2013 11:12:21 AM
Old 08-14-2013
I notice the -X64 argument which looks like you are looking for the 64-bit (which is probably what you need) and I am guessing that the routine you are seeing is a 32-bit one.

I will have to play with dump -T to understand it better. What I am normally looking at is the output of dump -H.

I expect you also downloaded some extra rpm's to also install gcc - they may have libraries in a different location. The environment variable LIBPATH can be used to modify the defaults (what the application, in this case gdb, expects - use dump -H).

I am not sure, but I believe the AIX debugger (dbx) can be used as well/instead.
Install the fileset bos.adt.debug

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

does AIX run on x86 or x64?

wondering if there are any opportunities to learning AIX on regular hardware :) thanks, manny (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
11 Replies

2. Programming

Debugging 64bit code with gdb and ddd in AIX

I'm trying to use the GDB debugger and DDD to debug 64bit code. It seems that the AIX toolkit gdb version 6.0 works with 64bit code. But the ddd tool when running gdb gives the following errors : Starting program: <my binary> <my params> warning: "": not in executable format: There is an input... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bean66
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Why gdb can't run?

My OS is Solaris10,I download gdb-7.0.tar.gz,and install it,I use following commands: ./configure make Then I enter gdb,but I can't run it! $gdb -bash: gdb: command not found Where is wrong? How to do it? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to run C#.NET in AIX

Hi Guys Am new in UNIX environment I was asked by my boss to write a program that transfer files from the AIX server to the Wintel Server. I have written the program in C# windows which does almost the same thing. So how to run the C# program in UNIX? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michmsk
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

telnet to an aix box and run wsm

hi I am runnign suse linux and want to telnet to an aix box and run wsm GUI from my linux box. How can I do that.. can anyone help to confiure X11 or Xwindows setup on mu suse linux and or on aix box thanks Antony (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
3 Replies

6. Programming

Can someone compile and run a program on AIX 6.1 please?

Hi, I have a program which collects performance data from AIX. It works fine on older releases (< 5.3) but I fail to get data from /proc. I would really appreciate it if someone could compile (using ANSI compat C compiler), run the program (for 30-40 minutes) on AIX 6.1 and send me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StuBob
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command script to be run in both AIX and LINUX

Hi, Script : #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "\n\t\t\t\t Enter your Name : \c" read name ############################## I ran the script in LINUX Enter your Name : abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz I ran the script in AIX Enter your Name : opqrstuvwxyz < I'm not able to see the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunprathap
2 Replies

8. AIX

can aix 5.x run on a old powerpc model 250

have an old powerpc model 250, currently on aix 4.3.2...64 meg in size of memory.. Can any of the AIX 5L, 5.1, 5.2, or 5.3 run on it at all ?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to run Sed in AIX

Hi All, I've wrote a script to truncate newline characters in a text file. Could you please help me in figuring out the issue :confused: for file in $Filelist; do echo $file; FileName=`basename $file`; sed 's/^M//g' $file> "${file}"2; mv "${file}"2 "${file}"; sed '1d' "${file}"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayakumar
5 Replies

10. AIX

Run ps aux continuously in AIX

Requirement is to monitor cpu usage /process for a user given time and record the output. topas,topasout,topasrec,tprof not seems to be working for me. so what i am looking for is to run below command continously till the time limit given by the user who runs the script.since below command is a one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
6 Replies
GZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GZEXE(1)

NAME
gzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
gzexe name ... DESCRIPTION
The gzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``gzexe /usr/bin/gdb'' it will create the following two files: -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1026675 Jun 7 13:53 /usr/bin/gdb -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2304524 May 30 13:02 /usr/bin/gdb~ /usr/bin/gdb~ is the original file and /usr/bin/gdb is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /usr/bin/gdb~ once you are sure that /usr/bin/gdb works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
gzip(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some standard utilities (basename, chmod, ln, mkdir, mktemp, rm, sleep, and tail). BUGS
gzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. GZEXE(1)