Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Explain @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI Post 302843471 by fgrirx on Tuesday 13th of August 2013 12:09:32 PM
Old 08-13-2013
Explain @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI

What does ' @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI ' mean?
Can someone please deconstruct and explain the parts?
Code:
# @(#)cshrc 1.11 89/11/29 SMI

It is at the top of a the .cshrc of a new Solaris account I am working on.
I am familiar with using the first line of a script for setting the program/shell to use. Example: #!/bin/csh or #!/bin/sh or #!/ben/perl.
I am also familiar with leaving the first line blank or adding a comment. For .cshrc (opposed to my_script.csh) I just start with a # comment line.

Searching the internets, I see lots of examples of .cshrc posted that begin with this line, but I have not found anybody who explains what it is doing or where it comes from. The best I tell, it is just a comment. But why does it appear at the beginning of so many .cshrc files?

Last edited by fgrirx; 08-13-2013 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: bad grammer and misspelling

smi_event(3)						SMI Management Information Library					      smi_event(3)

NAME
smiGetEvent, smiGetFirstEvent, smiGetNextEvent - SMI identity information routines SYNOPSIS
#include <smi.h> smiGetEvent(SmiClass *smiClassPtr,char*"name); smiGetFirstEvent(SmiClass *smiClassPtr); smiGetNextEvent(SmiEvent *smiEventPtr); typedef struct SmiEvent { SmiIdentifier name; SmiDecl decl; SmiStatus status; char *description; char *reference; } SmiEvent; DESCRIPTION
These functions retrieve information on a SMIng event definition (SMIng). smiGetEvent(SmiClass *smiClassPtr, char *name) returns a pointer to struct SmiEvent for the event with the given name in the given class(smiClassPtr), or NULL if the event with the given name does not exist smiGetFirstEvent(SmiClass *smiClassPtr) and smiGetNextEvent(SmiEvent *smiEventPtr) are used to iterate through the events of the class given by smiClassPtr. They return a pointer to struct SmiEvent that represents an event or NULL if there are no events left in the class, or error has occurred. FILES
${prefix}/include/smi.h SMI library header file SEE ALSO
libsmi(3), smi_module(3), smi_class(3), smi.h AUTHOR
(C) 2007 Kaloyan Kanev, Jacobs University, Germany <k.kanev@jacobs-university.de> February 10, 2007 smi_event(3)