Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Trace su to root
Operating Systems AIX Trace su to root Post 302843422 by sprehodec on Tuesday 13th of August 2013 06:23:20 AM
Old 08-13-2013
I know all that but is it possible to get user IP address?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Trace connections

In my organization in order for anyone to go to any Unix server they have to go through "SERVER A" and login as themselves. Then people are free to go enywhere they please. For example: SERVER A, loggs in as himself telnets to SERVER B, loggs in as guest telnets to SERVER C, loggs in as... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraitsev
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run non-root script as root with non-root environment

All, I want to run a non-root script as the root user with non-root environment variables with crontab. The non-root user would have environment variables for database access such as Oracle or Sybase. The root user does not have the Oracle or Sybase enviroment variables. I thought you could do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubba112557
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

trace route ip

hi everybody , i have a solaris 5.6 box and i want to trace the route on an ip i treid traceroute but soalris 5.6 does not support it ... is there a command that can be used equivelent to traceroute ? thanks for your help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trace DHCP - Help!

Can someone help me with commands to trace DHCP on an HP_UX box? Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuGuy
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

how to trace the logs

Hi, Last day, In one of our unix boxes there was an issue wherein few of the directory structures were missing / got deleted. Is there any way by which we can find how it happened, I mean by going through syslog / which user had run what command? Thanks for your help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek_damodaran
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to supress the trace

Hi I am working in ksh and getting the trace after trying to remove the file which in some cases does not exist: $ my_script loadfirm.dta.master: No such file or directory The code inside the script which produces this trace is the following: ] || rm ${FILE}.master >> /dev/null for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to trace root's activity log

What is the command to check the activity of all users with root access on a Unix platform? Right now, there is like about 20 users with root and someone accidentally made some changes to the crontab and I need to trace which user did it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with trace file

Hi, I am an oracle DBA pretty new to unix. We had one of the filesystems full and a colleague cleared some stuffs to create more space. I just checked now and found there is now more space available. How do i find exactly what he cleared? We have oracle database installed and its a RAC... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dollypee
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stack Trace

Hi All Thought it would be kind of fun to implement a stack trace for a shell script that calls functions within a sub shell. This is for bash under Linux and probably not portable - #! /bin/bash error_exit() { echo "=======================" echo $1 echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
4 Replies
sulog(4)							   File Formats 							  sulog(4)

NAME
sulog - su command log file SYNOPSIS
/var/adm/sulog DESCRIPTION
The sulog file is a record of all attempts by users on the system to execute the su(1M) command. Each time su(1M) is executed, an entry is added to the sulog file. Each entry in the sulog file is a single line of the form: SU date time result port user-newuser where date The month and date su(1M) was executed. date is displayed in the form mm/dd where mm is the month number and dd is the day number in the month. time The time su(1M) was executed. time is displayed in the form HH/MM where HH is the hour number (24 hour system) and MM is the minute number. result The result of the su(1M) command. A ` + ' sign is displayed in this field if the su attempt was successful; otherwise a ` - ' sign is displayed. port The name of the terminal device from which su(1M) was executed. user The user id of the user executing the su(1M) command. newuser The user id being switched to with su(1M). EXAMPLES
Example 1 A sample sulog file. Here is a sample sulog file: SU 02/25 09:29 + console root-sys SU 02/25 09:32 + pts/3 user1-root SU 03/02 08:03 + pts/5 user1-root SU 03/03 08:19 + pts/5 user1-root SU 03/09 14:24 - pts/5 guest3-root SU 03/09 14:24 - pts/5 guest3-root SU 03/14 08:31 + pts/4 user1-root FILES
/var/adm/sulog su log file /etc/default/su contains the default location of sulog SEE ALSO
su(1M) SunOS 5.11 6 Jun 1994 sulog(4)