Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create users from a text file by script Post 302843409 by prad_rocxx on Tuesday 13th of August 2013 06:01:32 AM
Old 08-13-2013
Create users from a text file by script

Hi All,

I am new to scripting, i want to create one script in which i can add users from a text file, assign them a default password like 123456.
It should be like:

Username= $i (it should take users from text file one by one)
Password : 123456(default for every user)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to create users on many servers

Hi all, working on script to create a user acct on all our servers. for i in `cat $host_file`; do ssh $i /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/mkuser id='bpadm' gecos='NetBackup Admin' 2>&1 >> $log done error i get is: 3004-692 Error changing "id" to "bpadm" : Value is invalid. I have tried this in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnidiffer
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create a text file in a script

Hi, i want to create a text file (init${x}.ora) and write information to it via a korn shell script. Is it right to do it as shown below (the file doesnt exist yet)? x=$1 file="$ORC/dbs/init${x}.ora" echo "info here..." >> $file will this file get created? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: n8575
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to create text file.

Hi all Below this is my script..I want to write the command to create a text file in my script below. If anyone know how to do...show me the result.I also want to do this script run automatically without type in terminal. Thanks. #!/usr/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastercar
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script to create a new text file with specific data from existing two files

Hi, I have two text files. Need to create a third text file extracting specific data from first two existing files.. Text File 1: Format contains: SQL*Loader: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Wed Aug 4 21:06:34 2010 some text ............so on...and somwhere text like: Record 1:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shashi143ibm
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to send separate mails to different users from a text file

Hi Friends, Could you guys help me out of this problem... I need to send an email to all the users and the email has to be picked from the text file. text file contains the no. of records like: Code: giridhar 224285 847333 giridhar276@gmail.com ramana 84849 33884... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a text file whose content is the text of another files

Hello everyone, I work under Ubuntu 11.10 (c-shell) I need a script to create a new text file whose content is the text of another text files that are in the directory $DIRMAIL at this moment. I will show you an example: - On the one hand, there is a directory $DIRMAIL where there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tenteyu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to create users from database query

#!/bin/bash user=`mysql userList -uuserlist -puserlistpassword -s -N -e "SELECT userName FROM users WHERE activated='n'"` for i in $user; do useradd "$i" -m doneThis is what I have done so far. But obviously it still does not work. I'm trying to create users based on information stored in a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucketuk
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a shell script to read a foldername from a text file and go to the folder?

Hi, I am trying to write a shell script which can read folder names from a text file and then go to the folder and picks up a xml file and write on my sipp script so that I can run the sipp script. For example: I have a text file called thelist.txt where I have provided all the folders... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pm1504
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating new users using a text file as imput (using only shell script and/or awk)

I need somebody who could help with an exercise. You have a text file called users.txt with this info inside: users.txt: user1:1234:/home/homedir1 ; user2:1234:/home/homedir2 ; user3:1234:/home/homedir3 ; user4:1234:/home/homedir4 ; The script should create an user using the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcosruiz
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to read through a file and create new users/assign them to groups in Ubuntu

Hi all. I need a shell script that can, in short, read through a text file line by line and create a new user in Ubuntu, as well as assign that user to a group. The format of the text file is not important but preferably: 'username:group'. I don't have much programming knowledge no matter shell... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LewisWeekly
3 Replies
rlm_pap(5)							 FreeRADIUS Module							rlm_pap(5)

NAME
rlm_pap - FreeRADIUS Module DESCRIPTION
The rlm_pap module authenticates RADIUS Access-Request packets that contain a User-Password attribute. The module should also be listed last in the authorize section, so that it can set the Auth-Type attribute as appropriate. When a RADIUS packet contains a clear-text password in the form of a User-Password attribute, the rlm_pap module may be used for authenti- cation. The module requires a "known good" password, which it uses to validate the password given in the RADIUS packet. That "known good" password must be supplied by another module (e.g. rlm_files, rlm_ldap, etc.), and is usually taken from a database. CONFIGURATION
The only relevant configuration item is: auto_header If set to "yes", the module will look inside of the User-Password attribute for the headers {crypt}, {clear}, etc., and will auto- matically create the appropriate attribute, with the correct value. This module understands many kinds of password hashing methods, as given by the following table. Header Attribute Description ------ --------- ----------- {clear} Cleartext-Password clear-text passwords {cleartext} Cleartext-Password clear-text passwords {crypt} Crypt-Password Unix-style "crypt"ed passwords {md5} MD5-Password MD5 hashed passwords {smd5} SMD5-Password MD5 hashed passwords, with a salt {sha} SHA-Password SHA1 hashed passwords {ssha} SSHA-Password SHA1 hashed passwords, with a salt {nt} NT-Password Windows NT hashed passwords {x-nthash} NT-Password Windows NT hashed passwords {lm} LM-Password Windows Lan Manager (LM) passwords. The module tries to be flexible when handling the various password formats. It will automatically handle Base-64 encoded data, hex strings, and binary data, and convert them to a format that the server can use. It is important to understand the difference between the User-Password and Cleartext-Password attributes. The Cleartext-Password attribute is the "known good" password for the user. Simply supplying the Cleartext-Password to the server will result in most authentication meth- ods working. The User-Password attribute is the password as typed in by the user on their private machine. The two are not the same, and should be treated very differently. That is, you should generally not use the User-Password attribute anywhere in the RADIUS configura- tion. For backwards compatibility, there are old configuration parameters which may be work, although we do not recommend using them. SECTIONS
authorize authenticate FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5) AUTHOR
Alan DeKok <aland@freeradius.org> 6 June 2008 rlm_pap(5)