Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue with typeset in Linux
Operating Systems Linux Issue with typeset in Linux Post 302843209 by rbatte1 on Monday 12th of August 2013 11:04:19 AM
Old 08-12-2013
So, just to be clear,
Quote:
What symptoms do you have?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset -f ???

I have found this command *typeset* and the option * -f *, which should provide me the list of all the currently defined functions. Is there any possibility of specifying the file in which this command to search ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xinfinity
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

typeset

Can anyone show me a simple practical usage of typeset. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
1 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

typeset-r

Hi All , Can any one help me the meaning of typeset -r Thanks, venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatakotiy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typeset

Hi, Can any one please explain me the use of 'typeset' in shell scripting? I donot under stand the use and advantages of using typeset. In one of our script, it is written like typeset VERBOSE NO_UPDATE typeset LOAD_SYBASE_TABLES I donot understand what actually these lines do. As per my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typeset in HP-UX and Linux

typeset -u xname1=$mname1 is working fine in HP-UX. But it throwing below error in Linux: line 40: typeset: -u: invalid option typeset: usage: typeset name . Please suggest. Thanks, Ambar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambarginni
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset command issue

Hi, As per my understanding typeset wil lmake a variable constant or readonly and -i option will make a variable integer. But please see the below outputs typeset -i abc=000001;echo $abc 1 typeset -i abc=0000010;echo $abc 8 typeset -i abc=00000100;echo $abc 64 typeset -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset

I don't have man typeset entry in unix. what is the use of typeset command and can you give some examples for that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Typeset issue

function fxn { echo "target in build_ndm is $target" } function main { target=${server_type} echo "target in main is $target" fxn } In the above the value of target is not being propagated to the function while ideally it should be since typeset variables are visible in sub... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharad.40216
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Typeset is not working in Linux korn shell scripting

Hi All, Kindly help on the below issue ASAP. Its very urgent. I have script in which we have below two lines for code and it is not working. Please help. files_to_process=" abc_*.log def_*.log ghi_*.log " typeset -A dir_list ${files_to_process} the script is failing in Linux... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tvbhkishore
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Simple sed command not working; could be a Mac/Linux vs. PC/Linux issue

Hello, I am on a Mac and trying to clean up some monthly files with a very simple SED: sed '3,10d;/<ACROSS>/,$d' input.txt > output.txt (from the input, delete lines 3 - 10; then delete from the line containing <ACROSS> to the end of the file) then output to output.txt Even when I try... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: verbatim
2 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)