Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to make existing volume group "shared"? Post 302842447 by ridgetop01 on Friday 9th of August 2013 09:23:09 AM
Old 08-09-2013
Ok. I had a thought - would this work?

Can I add new disks to the primary, create a new shared VG using the new disks, and then somehow migrate the VG contents to the new VG and get rid of the old VG (while the VG is active)?

Thanks.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"./cofigure" and "make" turmoil

I am a Unix newbie and I downloaded some X11 programs. I have gcc, but I cannot compile the files. I NEED HELP!!!! :confused: (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
16 Replies

2. Programming

how could i make a program mixed with many "|", "<" and ">"

I have written following code to do: ls -l | wc -w, it works: but when there are not only a single "|", if there are more such as: ls -l | sort -r | sort | sort -r, This program does not work, i want to know how could i deal with it when there are more "|", another situation is that, if it mixes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: strugglingman
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make scipt except from "Y","y" and "yes" to take [Enter] as being "yes"

This is the script: #!/bin/sh if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/WallpaperChanger; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/bin/wallch; fi; if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/applications/wallch.desktop; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/doc/wallch; fi if ; then rm -rf /usr/share/man/man1/wallch.1.gz; fi echo "Delete... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Programming

extract the same format from existing excel file using " Spreadsheet::ParseExcel " module

Hi , can any one tell me,"How to extract the same format from existing excel file to new excel file " using Spreadsheet::WriteExcel or Spreadsheet::ParseExcel module ??? Example_pgm: Below program is used to read existing excel file..In this program "my $cell = $_;" line is used to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavi.mogu
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

No space in volume group. How to create a file system using existing logical volume

Hello Guys, I want to create a file system dedicated for an application installation. But there is no space in volume group to create a new logical volume. There is enough space in other logical volume which is being mounted on /var. I know we can use that logical volume and create a virtual... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
SCSI(4) 						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							   SCSI(4)

Name
       SCSI - Small Computer System Interconnect

Description
       The  ULTRIX  system interfaces to disk and tape devices through the Small Computer System Interconnect (SCSI).  Initial ULTRIX SCSI support
       is limited to the Digital-supplied mass storage devices.  The following devices are fully supported on the ULTRIX system:

o    Winchester disks: RZ22, RZ23, RZ23L, RZ24, RZ55, RZ56, RZ57, RX23, RX26, RX33

o    Magnetic tapes: TZ30, TZK50, TLZ04, TSZ05, TKZ08, TZK10

o    Optical disks: RRD40, RRD42

Under the ULTRIX operating system, a SCSI device is referred to by its logical name.  Logical names take the following form:
       nn#
       The nn argument is the two-character name; the number sign (#) represents the unit number.  The two character names for SCSI devices are:

rz  -  RZ22, RZ23, RZ23L, RZ24, RZ55, RZ56, RZ57, RX23, RX26, RX33, RRD40, RRD42 disks

tz  -  TZ30, TZK50, TLZ04, TSZ05, TKZ08, and TZK10 tapes

The unit number is a combination of the SCSI bus number, either 0, 1, ... and the device's target ID number.   The  unit  number  is  eight
       times  the  bus	number plus the target ID.  For example, an RZ23 disk at target ID 3 on bus 0 would be referred to as rz3; a TZK50 tape at
       target ID 5 on the second SCSI bus would be referred to as 13.

The SCSI bus has eight possible target device IDs.  By default, one is allocated to the system.	This allows for a maximum of seven  target
       devices connected to a SCSI bus.

Restrictions
       The ULTRIX SCSI device driver does not operate with optical disks, other than the Digital-supplied devices.

The SCSI driver attempts to support on a best effort basis, non-Digital-supplied winchester disks and magnetic tapes.

The following notes apply to the driver's handling of non-Digital-supplied disks:

o   These disks are assigned a device type of RZxx, instead of RZ22, RZ23, RZ23L, RZ55, RZ56, RZ57, RX23, RX26, or RX33.  The RZxx disks
	      follow the same logical device naming scheme as the Digital-supplied disks.

o   During the autoconfigure phase of the system startup, the driver prints the contents of the SCSI vendor  ID,  product  ID,  and  the
	      revision level fields of the inquiry data return by the SCSI device.

o   RZxx  disks  are	assigned a default partition table. The default table can be modified by editing the sz_rzxx_sizes[8] entry in the
	      file The utility can also be used to modify the partition table on a RZxx disk.

o   The only logical unit number (LUN) supported for each target ID is 0.

See Also
       rz(4), tz(4), chpt(8)

SCSI(4)