Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RHEL4 on VM cannot get status network link down Post 302842111 by fpmurphy on Thursday 8th of August 2013 12:46:33 PM
Old 08-08-2013
What happens when you bring the network interface down and then try to bring it back up again?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Status

Hi, My system ( Solaris 2.6, Entrerprise 250 ) shows lot of connections in TIME_WAIT status against service localhost.8007 and localhost.45221 What are these services and where can I get the cross references. I have checked up in /etc/services and there is no such entry. Infact... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shibz
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Network Card Status Script

I have multiple Sun Solaris 8 systems running multiple network cards. (Mix of quad and gig cards.) What I would like to do is create a monitor script to ensure high availability of these cards. Has anyone ever had a situation like this? I was thinking of using the ping command, but am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Krusty
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Speed of network link

Sorry to keep bothering you guys like this with all these boring, related questions. But here's one that should be more readily answerable. What command or file should i use to get the speed/data rate of a network link? This is the capacity speed for instance 10Mbps or 100 Mbps in the case of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mint1981
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Link status turning up and down continously

Hi All, Happy New Year. I have a weird situation in one of my servers.The OS is solaris 10 We don't have bcme1 interface configured/plumbed on that system but every 5 second i get this message in /var/adm/messages Jan 4 20:22:45 XXXX bcme: NOTICE: bcme1 : Link is Up (1000Mbps, Full... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jartan
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to retrieve network link status from Kernel?

I have need for a reliable and easy way to get from within a script, or a java class, the status of the network interface cards (whether the link is up, or down). I believe the kernel status would be quicker to know if they were up or down rather than if a ping simply didnt respond back. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

"Network error: No route to host" While connecting guest RHEL4 using putty

Hi, I have installed RHEL4 using vmware workstation.. Host OS: Windows XP Guest OS: RHEL4 Pls refer step 17 & 18 in below link... ORACLE-BASE - Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 and Centos 4 Installation 1) If i choose to assign IP automatically (using DHCP) means, i am able to connect RHEL4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thomasraj87
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network script for ping status

Actually I am using Red hat Linux 4.4 version. I want to check the 16 client pc status of connection from server.Whether the connection is available or not.I tried to develop the shell script for this code.But It don't work properly.I am a self study learner.Please give me a shell script for this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kannansoft1985
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Link aggregation and status of network interfaces in “ipadm” command

I am again rephrasing the issue that we are facing: We are creating link aggregations with two interfaces named net0 & net5: # dladm create-aggr -m dlmp -l net0 -l net5 -l net2 aggr1 Setting prob targets for aggr1: # dladm set-linkprop -p probe-ip=+ aggr1 Setting failure detection... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitanshu.verma
3 Replies
TRACE-CMD-RESET(1)														TRACE-CMD-RESET(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-reset - turn off all Ftrace tracing to bring back full performance SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd reset [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) reset command turns off all tracing of Ftrace. This will bring back the performance of the system before tracing was enabled. This is necessary since trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-stop(1) and trace-cmd-extract(1) do not disable the tracer, event after the data has been pulled from the buffers. The rational is that the user may want to manually enable the tracer with the Ftrace pseudo file system, or examine other parts of Ftrace to see what trace-cmd did. After the reset command happens, the data in the ring buffer, and the options that were used are all lost. OPTIONS
-b buffer_size When the kernel boots, the Ftrace ring buffer is of a minimal size (3 pages per CPU). The first time the tracer is used, the ring buffer size expands to what it was set for (default 1.4 Megs per CPU). If no more tracing is to be done, this option allows you to shrink the ring buffer down to free up available memory. trace-cmd reset -b 1 SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1), trace-cmd-listen(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-RESET(1)