Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create a Date Check Script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Create a Date Check Script Post 302840761 by RudiC on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 12:05:40 PM
Old 08-06-2013
You still will need to log into every single server, but you can do it in a loop in a script. Set the servers up for passwordless login (--> man ssh), put their names into a file, and in a while loop read the server names line by line, issue the ssh user@hostname command, and collect the output into a log file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file date check script

I am creating a KSH script and need to check the filedate against the system date. I can get the sys date w. date command, and I was able to get the filedate w. the awk command but when I compare them w. an if condition statement I get syntax error. Not sure what's wrong, and other suggestions on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaxconsultant
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to create a date script

So I need to create a shell script that can take as input a numeric day, month and year and output the day of the week for the input date. So let's say, I input "programname 19 10 2006" it should output Thursday... I tried messing around with the grep and awk commands, but I can't get it to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mredwardlee
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a script using DATE command?

Not even sure how to word this. Basically, we have a log file that gathers all alerts for a system. What I am doing is grepping through this file and grabbing certain strings that are outputted to a file, then mailed to a group. Here is the catch. Since I cannot copy this file to a temp file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecoffeeguy
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script to check file date and size

Hi guys, i am new to perl. I started reading the perl documents and try to come up with some logic. I am trying to create a script that would go into a location, search for todays files, then searches for all .txt files from today. If todays not found, its an error If file size is less... (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
26 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check file with previous date

Hi all,I need your help to create the script.I need a script to check the ZIP file at network location with yesterday date name. ZIP file creation date is current date, but name of the zip file is previous date. for example file name "20110216.zip" created today 201102017.I just want to return the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepaksingla
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help to create script for added date to list users

hi my friends im asking for the possibility to creat a script in ubuntu for added date to list users for doing this : - search in debug connected user of all connected users - if a new user is connect for the first time to my server the script record the date of the connection and added it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amzioujda
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help I want script to check filename, size and date in specify path.

Please help, I want script to check filename, size and date in specify path. I want output as: DATE: YYYYMMDD HH:MM ------------------------------------------------ fileA,filesize,yyyy mm dd HH:MM fileA,filesize,yyyy mm dd HH:MM fileA,filesize,yyyy mm dd HH:MM fileA,filesize,yyyy mm dd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akeji
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Date check script (noob)

Hello, I've been given the task of checking the date of expiration dates and notify when the date is 30 days away from expiration. As stated in the Title, I'm very new to this, I did a good bit of work over the last two days to only find out I was going down the wrong path. I'm not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drey4184
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help in script to check file name with todays date

I am trying to include a snippet in my script to check if the file created is having today's date. eg: File name is : ABC.YYYYMMDD-nnn.log The script should check if 'YYYYMMDD' in the above file name matches with today's date. Can you please help me in achieving this. Thanks in advance!! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran1112
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help, need to create script to remove lines by date in file

Please Help (novice to PERL and SHELL scripting)…. Need to create a script which removes all lines in $filename = "cycle_calendar_ftp_out" older than current date – a variable which will be a number of days passed to script. For Ex it will look at the end date which is the last field (4) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m3pwr
2 Replies
Test::Script(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Test::Script(3)

NAME
Test::Script - Basic cross-platform tests for scripts DESCRIPTION
The intent of this module is to provide a series of basic tests for 80% of the testing you will need to do for scripts in the script (or bin as is also commonly used) paths of your Perl distribution. Further, it aims to provide this functionality with perfect platform-compatibility, and in a way that is as unobtrusive as possible. That is, if the program works on a platform, then Test::Script should always work on that platform as well. Anything less than 100% is considered unacceptable. In doing so, it is hoped that Test::Script can become a module that you can safely make a dependency of all your modules, without risking that your module won't on some platform because of the dependency. Where a clash exists between wanting more functionality and maintaining platform safety, this module will err on the side of platform safety. FUNCTIONS
script_compiles script_compiles( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script compiles' ); The "script_compiles" test calls the script with "perl -c script.pl", and checks that it returns without error. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. Note also that the test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. script_runs script_runs( 'script/foo.pl', 'Main script runs' ); The "script_runs" test executes the script with "perl script.pl" and checks that it returns success. The path it should be passed is a relative unix-format script name. This will be localised when running "perl -c" and if the test fails the local name used will be shown in the diagnostic output. The test will be run with the same perl interpreter that is running the test script (and not with the default system perl). This will also be shown in the diagnostic output on failure. SUPPORT
All bugs should be filed via the bug tracker at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Test-Script> For other issues, or commercial enhancement and support, contact the author. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
prove, <http://ali.as/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2009 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.2 2009-11-23 Test::Script(3)