Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Issue in running job
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Issue in running job Post 302840749 by ginrkf on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 11:45:55 AM
Old 08-06-2013
Sorry its typo error.There is no space after =

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hw to Know the status of running JoB

Hi all, I am running a job .. and i want to know the status tht it is runnig or not .. and how can i find the jobId of my job .. I have to get it to kill my running job Pls let me know da Unix commands to do it .. i m wrking on Hp UNIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Cron Job Not Running

Hi, I have a cron schedule like this 04,16,28,40,52 * * * * /nag/startProcessABatch (unix script) i want to add new lines in this file (like Logging), i just copy this file into a /tmp folder (for backup copy), and i have edited this file (added few lines of code for logging). ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nag_sundaram
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cron job is not running

hi, i have the following line in the crontab 15 5 * * 6 /home/adw/BCE_ADW.pl The problem is the cron job is not getting started automatically. But this was working til last week. now it is not working. what could be the problem. Any idea? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Suguna
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Running the job continously.

I run a job, before completion of that job, another one started the same job in the middle of running the same job. What will happen? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab job not running

Hi all, down here part of the scheduled job in crontab (AIX Version 5) i have problem running jspPRE-ALL. i verrify permissions and privileges (the others job are working good) if i run the job in command line it work correctly # # Aggiornamento doni e continuity 00 02 * * 2-6... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilpasta
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron job not running

Hi All, I am editing crontab using -e option to add a new job Below is the line 30 * * * * scriptpath This job is not executing every thirty minutes. I have checked, cron daemon is running. What did I miss? Can some one help? I am using cron shell..ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yabhi_22
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

command job not running

Hi, I have an autosys box job and 2 command jobs. When i force start the box job the command jobs are moving to 'Active' state but are not running. I have tried various options for the start times and run windows but doesnt seem to work. Any help is appreciated update_job: job1.jil... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: userscript
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Cron job is not running

Hi, I have set up the crontab as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # crontab -l 0-59 * * * * /var/tmp/r.sh 0-59 * * * * date >> /var/tmp/log root@IDC4VASAPP07 # r.sh is as follows. root@IDC4VASAPP07 # cat r.sh #!/bin/bash dt1=$(perl -e 'use POSIX;print strftime... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Make a job always running.

Hi All, i want to make a job as always running job so that whenever it recieve a input file the job should process the file. Please help me with this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh300182
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON job still running?

Hi All, I am writing a script that will eventually be executed by a cron job every 15 minutes. I want to make sure that my logic/script doesn't get executed if a previous job is still running. What would be the best way to handle that scenario? I was thinking to make my script create a temporary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdogadin
1 Replies
MKSWAP(8)						       System Administration							 MKSWAP(8)

NAME
mkswap - set up a Linux swap area SYNOPSIS
mkswap [options] device [size] DESCRIPTION
mkswap sets up a Linux swap area on a device or in a file. The device argument will usually be a disk partition (something like /dev/sdb7) but can also be a file. The Linux kernel does not look at partition IDs, but many installation scripts will assume that partitions of hex type 82 (LINUX_SWAP) are meant to be swap partitions. (Warning: Solaris also uses this type. Be careful not to kill your Solaris partitions.) The size parameter is superfluous but retained for backwards compatibility. (It specifies the desired size of the swap area in 1024-byte blocks. mkswap will use the entire partition or file if it is omitted. Specifying it is unwise - a typo may destroy your disk.) After creating the swap area, you need the swapon command to start using it. Usually swap areas are listed in /etc/fstab so that they can be taken into use at boot time by a swapon -a command in some boot script. WARNING
The swap header does not touch the first block. A boot loader or disk label can be there, but it is not a recommended setup. The recom- mended setup is to use a separate partition for a Linux swap area. mkswap, like many others mkfs-like utils, erases the first partition block to make any previous filesystem invisible. However, mkswap refuses to erase the first block on a device with a disk label (SUN, BSD, ...). OPTIONS
-c, --check Check the device (if it is a block device) for bad blocks before creating the swap area. If any bad blocks are found, the count is printed. -f, --force Go ahead even if the command is stupid. This allows the creation of a swap area larger than the file or partition it resides on. Also, without this option, mkswap will refuse to erase the first block on a device with a partition table. -L, --label label Specify a label for the device, to allow swapon by label. -p, --pagesize size Specify the page size (in bytes) to use. This option is usually unnecessary; mkswap reads the size from the kernel. -U, --uuid UUID Specify the UUID to use. The default is to generate a UUID. -v, --swapversion 1 Specify the swap-space version. (This option is currently pointless, as the old -v 0 option has become obsolete and now only -v 1 is supported. The kernel has not supported v0 swap-space format since 2.5.22 (June 2002). The new version v1 is supported since 2.1.117 (August 1998).) -h, --help Display help text and exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. NOTES
The maximum useful size of a swap area depends on the architecture and the kernel version. The maximum number of the pages that is possible to address by swap area header is 4294967295 (UINT_MAX). The remaining space on the swap device is ignored. Presently, Linux allows 32 swap areas. The areas in use can be seen in the file /proc/swaps mkswap refuses areas smaller than 10 pages. If you don't know the page size that your machine uses, you may be able to look it up with "cat /proc/cpuinfo" (or you may not - the con- tents of this file depend on architecture and kernel version). To set up a swap file, it is necessary to create that file before initializing it with mkswap, e.g. using a command like # fallocate --length 8GiB swapfile Note that a swap file must not contain any holes. Using cp(1) to create the file is not acceptable. Neither is use of fallocate(1) on file systems that support preallocated files, such as XFS or ext4, or on copy-on-write filesystems like btrfs. It is recommended to use dd(1) and /dev/zero in these cases. Please read notes from swapon(8) before adding a swap file to copy-on-write filesystems. ENVIRONMENT
LIBBLKID_DEBUG=all enables libblkid debug output. SEE ALSO
fdisk(8), swapon(8) AVAILABILITY
The mkswap command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux March 2009 MKSWAP(8)