Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need to exclude certain file extensions while listing the file using ls Post 302840645 by 100bees on Tuesday 6th of August 2013 06:45:41 AM
Old 08-06-2013
Thanks it works perfectly. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

File name extensions

Hello people, I was wondering if anyone could help me? I want to produce a shell script that changes the filename extension on all matching file. E.G. change all files called ‘something.rtf' to ‘something.doc' by giving the command: Changex rtf doc *where ‘Changex' is the name of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thurrock
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File extensions in a dir

Hi All, Is there a way to list all file extensions in a directory and its recursive dirs? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganga.dharan
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find all the unique file extensions

Hi How can i find the unique list of file extensions in a folder/subfolders e.g. MAIN/ a.txt b.txt a.clas a.java b.class a.txt.112 c.12.ram.jar i just need to get the below out irrespective of file being present in folder or subfolders txt clas java (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking file extensions

I am trying to store file with certain file extensions to list but having some problems. Here is a part of the code set fryLst = "" set fxtLst = "" foreach f ($AfullNameLst) set fname = $f:r set fext = $f:e if ("$fext" == ".ry") set fryLst = "$fryLst $f" if ("$fext" == ".xt")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking file extensions

I'm in csh and have a list of file names, example set Lst = "file1.ry file2.ry file3.ry file4.ry" I want to check if all the extensions are ry. Is they are, I want to do something. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Sorting file content by file extensions

Hi Experts, I have one .txt file which has filenames with various extensions e.g. .gz,.dat,.CTL,.xml. I want to sort all the filenames as per their extensions and would like to delete all the file names with .xml extension. Please help. PS : I am using Sun OS Generic_122300-60. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for file extensions in the given directories

Hey guys, I'm lost... I need to make a script that will work in this way: ./script.sh -e sh /usr/bin /home/student this script will result in this output: amuFormat.sh /usr/bin gettext.sh /urs/bin perfect.sh /home/student the parameter -e <ext> gives you which... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Miki1579
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove comments from file with specific file name extensions

Hello Unix board community, I have to program a shell script, but I am a complete noob so I hope I get some help here. The assignment is as follows: The program removes all comments regardless of formatting or language from files with specific file name extensions (php, css, js, ...).... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheZeusMan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing file names with different extensions

Hello, I need some help. I have files in one and the same directory, but with different extensions, like this: file1.IN file2.IN file3.IN file1.OUT file2.OUT Apparently some files with OUT extension can be missing. So I want to compare *.IN and *.OUT, ignoring the extension and get result... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
3 Replies
JH_INSTALLECLIPSE(1)						    Javahelper						      JH_INSTALLECLIPSE(1)

NAME
jh_installeclipse - Installs eclipse features built by pde-build into package build directories SYNOPSIS
jh_installeclipse [debhelperoptions] [--install-name=name] [--pde-build-dir=dir] [feature[...]] DESCRIPTION
jh_installeclipse is a javahelper program that handles installing eclipse features built by pde-build into package build directories. These features can be specified either in the package's eh-install file or via command-line. jh_installeclipse uses debhelper behind the scenes and are therefore subject to the compat level (e.g. when parsing eh-install files). jh_installeclipse will replace all the embedded orbit depends imported by jh_generateorbitdeps with symlinks post install. The symlinked jar files will also be used to populate ${orbit:Depends} variable. FILES
debian/package.eh-install List the eclipse features to install into each package and optionally under which name. The format is a set of lines, where each line lists a file or files to install, and at the end of the line tells the name it should be installed under. You may use wildcards in the names of the files to install. If name is not present, eh_install will either use the install name given on the command line or attempt to guess it from the package name. It is perfectly legal for two or more features to be installed under the same name. OPTIONS
--install-name=name Specifies the name to install under if it is not given in the file. It is perfectly legal to install more than one feature under the same name. --pde-build-dir=dir Specifies the directory from where pde-build was run. Defauls to "debian/.eclipse_build". EXAMPLE
Suppose your package builds org.eclipse.emf and org.eclipse.xsd and you want to put org.eclipse.emf into eclipse-emf and org.eclipse.xsd into eclipse-xsd. Then make debian/eclipse-emf.eh-install contain: org.eclipse.emf and debian/eclipse-xsd.eh-install contain: org.eclipse.xsd jh_installeclipse will then install org.eclipse.emf into usr/share/eclipse/dropins/emf/ and xsd into usr/share/eclipse/dropins/xsd/. In case your package is not called eclipse-name, or you want to install two different features into the same package, you will have to provide a name. Suppose you wanted to install both eclipse above into a single package called foo, then debian/foo.eh-install should contain: org.eclipse.emf emf org.eclipse.xsf xsd SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of javahelper and uses debhelper as backend. There are also tutorials in /usr/share/doc/javahelper. AUTHOR
Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2010 by Niels Thykier This tool is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of GNU GPL 2. 0.43 2011-03-24 JH_INSTALLECLIPSE(1)