Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Simulate Storage
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Simulate Storage Post 302840495 by ikn3 on Monday 5th of August 2013 06:05:15 PM
Old 08-05-2013
Simulate Storage

Hello,

I wanted to simulate SAN on my VMware PLayer running RHEL.
Is there any tool that can be used to simulate storage setup for learning/testing?

THanks,

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Programming

Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX

Writing a Tool to simulate non-sequential disk I/O (simulate db file sequential read) in C POSIX I have over the years come across the same issue a couple of times, and it normally is that the read speed on SAN is absolutely atrocious when doing non-sequential I/O to the disks. Problem being of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrghost
7 Replies
vmmouse_detect(1)					      General Commands Manual						 vmmouse_detect(1)

NAME
vmmouse_detect - VMware mouse device autodetection tool SYNOPSIS
vmmouse_detect OPTIONS
vmmouse_detect has no options DESCRIPTION
vmmouse_detect is a tool for detecting if running in a VMware environment where vmmouse is used. It exits with a 0 return value if the vmmouse client is enabled, and 1 if not. DIAGNOSTICS
vmmouse_detect's exit status is used to communicate information. 0 vmmouse_detect found a mouse and exited normally. 1 Either the vmmouse client was not enabled, or it is not being run from within a VMware virtual machine. BUGS
Please report bugs in vmmouse_detect <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mdetect/vmmouse_detect>. AUTHORS
vmmouse_detect is copyright 2007 VMware, Inc. LICENSING
The vmmouse_detect source code is licensed under a BSD-like license. See COPYING for details. This manual page is licensed under the GNU General Public License. SEE ALSO
mdetect(1), XFree86(1) X Version 11 xf86-input-vmmouse 13.0.0 vmmouse_detect(1)