Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Password Expiry while accessing Oracle table Post 302840341 by tapan8984 on Monday 5th of August 2013 09:54:12 AM
Old 08-05-2013
Password Expiry while accessing Oracle table

Hi All,
I am not able to access an oracle table even if the table is present. After initial analysis, found that there is a password warning for the specified oracle user. Can you please help me in ignoring the password expiry and access the oracle table ? However, the log file does not store the password expiry error message, rather it says the table is not found, with ORA-28002 in the DataStage director.

Pls help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password expiry

Hi, under SUN Unix, in which file the expiry date of a user password is indicated ? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to encrypt oracle password table ?

Hi Oracle & Unix expert, Could you tell me how to encrypt oracle table ? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: olaris
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Notification of password expiry.

Hi, Is there any way of sending an email to a number of users indicating that the passwords of user accounts will expire? Currently we have a test server with a number of oracle test accounts on it. Each of these accounts correspond to an instance of Oracle on the server. These... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Notification of password expiry.

Hi, Is there any way of sending an email to a number of users indicating that the passwords of user accounts will expire? Currently we have a test server with a number of oracle test accounts on it. Each of these accounts correspond to an instance of Oracle on the server. These... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

5. Solaris

SSH Password-less login fails on password expiry.

Hi Gurus I have a few Sol 5.9 servers and i have enabled password less authentication between them for my user ID. Often i have found that when my password has expired,the login fails. Resetting my password reenables the keys. Do i need to do something to avoid this scenario or is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Accessing Oracle via encrypted password

Actually in my application there is an XML file. The password and the user name for the database that I need to access the development box is stored there. But using some UNIX command I am able to access the raw content of the file and not the decrypted code for that password. When I am applying... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

password expiry notification

Hi, Could someone please let me know how to write script for passwd expiry notification on salaries boxes. Regards Dnyan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnyan
1 Replies

8. Solaris

disable password expiry

Hi How do i disable password expiration on ldap? It runs on Solaris 10 machine. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hrist
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripted change of Oracle password on expiry

Hi All, I want to write a shell script to change the password on list of database servers, please guide me how do I achieve this. Please see below sample, how it is asking while manually changing the password, sqlplus test@oracle SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.2.0 - Production on Thu Jun 16... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gr8_usk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expiry report

Hi All, I want to write a script that will send the alert when linux server password expiry for user 'x' is less than 12 days. I have written the below script but this is not working for expiry date 04 july script;- P_EXPIRY_DATE=`chage -l msdp| grep 'Password expires' | awk ' {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
2 Replies
REINDEXDB(1)						  PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation					      REINDEXDB(1)

NAME
reindexdb - reindex a PostgreSQL database SYNOPSIS
reindexdb [connection-option...] [--table | -t table] [--index | -i index] [dbname] reindexdb [connection-option...] --all | -a reindexdb [connection-option...] --system | -s [dbname] DESCRIPTION
reindexdb is a utility for rebuilding indexes in a PostgreSQL database. reindexdb is a wrapper around the SQL command REINDEX(7). There is no effective difference between reindexing databases via this utility and via other methods for accessing the server. OPTIONS
reindexdb accepts the following command-line arguments: -a, --all Reindex all databases. [-d] dbname, [--dbname=]dbname Specifies the name of the database to be reindexed. If this is not specified and -a (or --all) is not used, the database name is read from the environment variable PGDATABASE. If that is not set, the user name specified for the connection is used. -e, --echo Echo the commands that reindexdb generates and sends to the server. -i index, --index=index Recreate index only. -q, --quiet Do not display progress messages. -s, --system Reindex database's system catalogs. -t table, --table=table Reindex table only. -V, --version Print the reindexdb version and exit. -?, --help Show help about reindexdb command line arguments, and exit. reindexdb also accepts the following command-line arguments for connection parameters: -h host, --host=host Specifies the host name of the machine on which the server is running. If the value begins with a slash, it is used as the directory for the Unix domain socket. -p port, --port=port Specifies the TCP port or local Unix domain socket file extension on which the server is listening for connections. -U username, --username=username User name to connect as. -w, --no-password Never issue a password prompt. If the server requires password authentication and a password is not available by other means such as a .pgpass file, the connection attempt will fail. This option can be useful in batch jobs and scripts where no user is present to enter a password. -W, --password Force reindexdb to prompt for a password before connecting to a database. This option is never essential, since reindexdb will automatically prompt for a password if the server demands password authentication. However, reindexdb will waste a connection attempt finding out that the server wants a password. In some cases it is worth typing -W to avoid the extra connection attempt. --maintenance-db=dbname Specifies the name of the database to connect to discover what other databases should be reindexed. If not specified, the postgres database will be used, and if that does not exist, template1 will be used. ENVIRONMENT
PGDATABASE, PGHOST, PGPORT, PGUSER Default connection parameters This utility, like most other PostgreSQL utilities, also uses the environment variables supported by libpq (see Section 31.14, "Environment Variables", in the documentation). DIAGNOSTICS
In case of difficulty, see REINDEX(7) and psql(1) for discussions of potential problems and error messages. The database server must be running at the targeted host. Also, any default connection settings and environment variables used by the libpq front-end library will apply. NOTES
reindexdb might need to connect several times to the PostgreSQL server, asking for a password each time. It is convenient to have a ~/.pgpass file in such cases. See Section 31.15, "The Password File", in the documentation for more information. EXAMPLES
To reindex the database test: $ reindexdb test To reindex the table foo and the index bar in a database named abcd: $ reindexdb --table foo --index bar abcd SEE ALSO
REINDEX(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 REINDEXDB(1)