Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How change attributes listed in lsnim? Post 302840139 by bakunin on Sunday 4th of August 2013 02:50:42 PM
Old 08-04-2013
Hmm. For the change of the allocation status of NIM objects there is the "-F" (force) option, which, in my experience, is recommended to be used always because deallocation sometimes fails.

What exactly the difference is between using the -F option and not doing so eludes me, though, because both are just operations inside the NIM database, which i believe to be some sort of ODM. How exactly it is organized i never bothered to find out, though. But maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

rcp and file attributes

Good day Does anyone have an idea on how I can rcp a file together with its attributes. owner,group, permissions ? Regards J (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file attributes

how do we set file attributes at shell prompt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hytechpro
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

CVSWeb - Directories listed but files not listed

I am using CVSWeb on HPUnix. When i access it, all directories are listed but files are not listed. I am getting the error "NOTE: There are 51 files, but none matches the current tag. " in tomcat sevrer log i am getting the message "rlog warning: Missing revision or branch number after -r"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find system attributes

hi, i am very- very new to unix i have os - sun solaris 5.9 and i want to learn more about system attributes for example, the make - model of machine , operating system & patch versions can somebody tell me a usefull command to learn these? any help would be apreciated, regards to all,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merope
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file attributes

How to retrieve file attributes in a sh/bash script (modification time, access time, size, etc.)? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitori
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with any ls attributes

I got a server (test server) that hangs anytime we run a ls attribute like ls -ltr or ls -al. We can run ls | more command with no problem. But getting back to the ls attribute problem, it just sits and hangs, I did a ps -ef | grep ls, and a user had 15 sessions of ls -al running, I killed those,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture all the contents between two attributes

i have a file with contents test123 qwwww sdsad asdasd asdad adadsw sasfar sfaf a afasf OPERATION END i need to grep all the contents from test123 and OPERATION END.Can somebody help me how to do it ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
7 Replies

8. AIX

Single command to change the attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host

Hi, I would like to know if there is a command similar to scsimgr in HP-UX that can help me change the algorithm and reserve_policy attributes of all luns presented to an AIX host. Otherwise I would have to use, chdev -l hdiskX -a algorithm=round_robin reserve_policy=no_reserve in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kanna_geekworkz
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with can't get execution attributes

Hi Gurus, I am trying to create a FS using SVM but system is throwing the following error. newfs /dev/md/rdsk/d1002 newfs: construct a new file system /dev/md/rdsk/d1002: (y/n)? y /usr/sbin/clri: can't get execution attributes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File attributes ????

I'm trying to sort out the charing of a problem folder, in the 'ls -l' list is shows as: d???????????? ? ? ? ? ? Pi-Share PiShare is the name of the directory, all the ??s make no sense to me at all, and no user (there are only two, pi and root) can make any changes to it.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuntyScrunt
4 Replies
bup-margin(1)						      General Commands Manual						     bup-margin(1)

NAME
bup-margin - figure out your deduplication safety margin SYNOPSIS
bup margin [options...] DESCRIPTION
bup margin iterates through all objects in your bup repository, calculating the largest number of prefix bits shared between any two entries. This number, n, identifies the longest subset of SHA-1 you could use and still encounter a collision between your object ids. For example, one system that was tested had a collection of 11 million objects (70 GB), and bup margin returned 45. That means a 46-bit hash would be sufficient to avoid all collisions among that set of objects; each object in that repository could be uniquely identified by its first 46 bits. The number of bits needed seems to increase by about 1 or 2 for every doubling of the number of objects. Since SHA-1 hashes have 160 bits, that leaves 115 bits of margin. Of course, because SHA-1 hashes are essentially random, it's theoretically possible to use many more bits with far fewer objects. If you're paranoid about the possibility of SHA-1 collisions, you can monitor your repository by running bup margin occasionally to see if you're getting dangerously close to 160 bits. OPTIONS
--predict Guess the offset into each index file where a particular object will appear, and report the maximum deviation of the correct answer from the guess. This is potentially useful for tuning an interpolation search algorithm. --ignore-midx don't use .midx files, use only .idx files. This is only really useful when used with --predict. EXAMPLE
$ bup margin Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 40 40 matching prefix bits 1.94 bits per doubling 120 bits (61.86 doublings) remaining 4.19338e+18 times larger is possible Everyone on earth could have 625878182 data sets like yours, all in one repository, and we would expect 1 object collision. $ bup margin --predict PackIdxList: using 1 index. Reading indexes: 100.00% (1612581/1612581), done. 915 of 1612581 (0.057%) SEE ALSO
bup-midx(1), bup-save(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-margin(1)