Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PGP decryption in UNIX script Post 302838857 by msjkadams on Tuesday 30th of July 2013 04:21:57 PM
Old 07-30-2013
If your QA environment is on a different server from the Production environment, then you will need to import the private key to your QA box. The keys are usually in the users home directory in a hidden folder, most likely /~/.pgp
This User Gave Thanks to msjkadams For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decryption software

whats the most sufficient way to make decryption software? What are the recoomendations for one? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phatress
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File Encryption and Decryption in UNIX.

Hello guys ! I have used "crypt <first> second" command to encrypt "first" to "second" file. i have assign a key for that of course. Now when i try to look content of "seocnd" file through "cat second" command, the file is encrypted and cannot be read which is according to plan. But when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abidmalik
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using pgp in a shell script

This may be more of a PGP (Pretty Good Privacy) question than Unix, but here's hoping. The statement I'm using to compress a file is: /opt/pgp-6.5.8/pgp +force -feat MY_Pub_Key < file_in.txt > file_out.asc The +force parameter is documented as "Eliminating confirmation questions", but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abNORMal
1 Replies

4. Solaris

PGP encryption/decryption solaris 9

Hi Someone is going to send me a file that they have encrypted by PGP encryption on windows pc to my solaris 9 server. They will give me the pgp key to decrypt the file. How can I do this on solaris 9 Is there a tool installed by default to decrypt or do I need to install something to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password decryption

Hi, I don't know if I am in a correct category with my question. I want to know what decryption-method is used for this password: (1) The first stadium is (its stored in the settings.xml of my software):... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mogli1977
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

decryption issue!

Hi, Something bizarre is happening while decrypting the files. I had a decrypt script which was working smoothly on uname -a Linux ######### 2.6.9-89.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Apr 20 10:33:05 EDT 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux After the front-end application was moved to uname -a Linux... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dips_ag
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix Script for decryption

how to decrypt a file using unix Scipts . i am using one code that is working in the manual testing... echo $pass_phrase|gpg --output $filename_DEx --batch --passphrase-fd 0 --decrypt $filename_DEx_enc in the informatica level its not working.. can anybody help me in this? thanks... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
1 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

decryption of .cpt file in unix

can some one help me how to decrypt a .txt.cpt file in unix i Double post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lily
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

run vi/vim encrypted shell script without decryption on multiple servers

Hello Everyone, How do we run vi/vim encrypted shell script without decryption on multiple servers. It is a simple bash script and vim -nx <filename> has been used to encrypt with desired password. Now I have few errors, the syntax is absolutely fine as I have run that script multiple times on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
0 Replies

10. Linux

Pgp encryption script

I have file in linux which I need to do the PGP encryption. Through manually I am using this command to do the same gpg -c scsrun.log Enter passphrase : Repeat Passphrase : But how I can achive this using linux script. Thanks How to use code tags (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_harish80
3 Replies
rmf(1)							      General Commands Manual							    rmf(1)

NAME
rmf - remove folder (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-help] [-[no]interactive] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Asks for confirmation before deleting a folder. By default, rmf deletes a folder and its messages without asking for confirmation. If you specify the -interactive option, rmf asks if you are sure before deleting the folder. You are advised to use this option, since when rmf deletes a folder its contents are lost irretrievably. DESCRIPTION
The rmf command removes all of the messages within the current folder, and then removes the folder itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not part of MH, they are not removed, and an error message is displayed. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you do not specify a folder, and rmf cannot find the current folder,rmf asks you whether you want to delete +inbox instead. If the current folder is removed, it makes +inbox current. Note that the rmf command irreversibly deletes messages that do not have other links, so use it with caution. If the folder being removed is a sub-folder, the parent folder becomes the new current folder, and rmf tells you that this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. Using rmf to delete a read-only folder deletes the private sequence and current message information from the file, without affecting the folder itself. If you have sub-folders within a folder, you must delete all the sub-folders before you can delete the folder itself. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory EXAMPLES
This example shows how rmf asks for confirmation when the -interactive option is used: % rmf -interactive +test Remove folder "test"? y FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
rmm(1) rmf(1)