Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting To search null and char in file Post 302838815 by rdrtx1 on Tuesday 30th of July 2013 01:43:23 PM
Old 07-30-2013
try:
Code:
awk '{n=c=0; for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) {if (!$i) n++; if ($i ~ /^[A-Za-z][A-Za-z]*$/) c++}} n && c' FS="|" infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search based on 1st char of a row.

I want to search for the very first character in a row from the file. It is very similar to the way we use Mainframes File-Aid, quick search option. I couldnt find anything helpful with the grep command. Does any one has an idea, how to perform this? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using egrep to search for Text and special char

Anyone is well-versed to use egrep to search a file for a line containing both: 1) AAA 2) $ I am having problem escaping the dollar sign when using egrep in conjunction with satisfying AAA as well. E.g. Text file Line 1 AAA Line 2 $$$ Line 3 AAA BBB $ Line 4 $$$ BBB AA will return me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: izy100
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

null or other char validation

I have function based out of parameter in file as below Getheaderline() { v_file='ls -lrt | grep -v "^d" | awk '{print $9}'| grep -v "^$"` export v_file cd $DATDIR PCDIR=`pwd` echo "current directory = "$PCDIR line1=`sed '1q' $v_file` v_col1=`echo $line1 | awk -F"," '{print $1}'`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u263066
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep : search a long char contain space

Hi, i have to search for a char like that : export var1="i am not happy /not happy" with a command like : grep $var1 file but this not working with me !!! thank you in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tizilfin
2 Replies

5. Programming

error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’

Compiling xpp (The X Printing Panel) on SL6 (RHEL6 essentially): xpp.cxx: In constructor ‘printFiles::printFiles(int, char**, int&)’: xpp.cxx:200: error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ The same error with all c++ constructors - gcc 4.4.4. If anyone can throw any light on... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

NULL Search String & File Name

Hi All, I am writting a Sell Script, that takes Search String & File Name from the terminal and check for Null Status. If either is NULL then pgm should quit. I wrote the following: bash-3.2$ cat null_status_of_parameters.sh #!/bin/sh #WASS that takes Search String & File Name from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirecting standard out to /dev/null goes to file "/dev/null" instead

I apologize if this question has been answered else where or is too elementary. I ran across a KSH script (long unimportant story) that does this: if ; then CAS_SRC_LOG="/var/log/cas_src.log 2>&1" else CAS_SRC_LOG="/dev/null 2>&1" fithen does this: /usr/bin/echo "heartbeat:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbmorrisonjr
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find char field and replace null

hi, i having a file with | seperated in which i need to search char in 3rd column and replace with null. i need to replace only the coulmn where character occurs in 3rd field for eg: file1.txt xx|yy|xx|12 output file: xx|yy||12 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To search distinct special char in file

hi, i need to search distinct special character from a file which is a pipe delimited from a specific column for eg: input file.txt aa|bb|cc|$abc aa|bb|ccc|#abol bb|xss|ddd|$xyz nn|yyy|qqq|=qqqq abe|qqq|yyy|=aaa aaa|yyy|zzzz|#aaaa . . . my desired output $ (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a certain char and insert new text if a match found

Have a file which has the create statement like below create table emp ( empno integer, empname char(50)) primary index(empno); i need to find a string starting with create and ends with semi-colon ;. if so insert the below statement before create statement rename table emp to emp_rename;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohan0509
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)