Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need help in finding a Query
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need help in finding a Query Post 302838673 by bakunin on Tuesday 30th of July 2013 07:41:08 AM
Old 07-30-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod Chandar
Thanks Rudi C but apple will not be available in all the lines
Then, how are we supposed to find out where the name ends? Is there any element in the line you can point at and say: "if you see this you know the name part is over"?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

query

hi, how can i do the following..... i have file containing followig a k 10000 b c 200000 d e 50 a j 40 how can i list all rows containg last value more than 1000? and how can i find number of blank rows in the file? THANKS! regards vivek (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

query

I have converted data written on excel sheet in unix through shell & perl prg now the problem is I want that if starting columns of the xls sheet is Blank than when data is converted into unix then it should appear with this '|' sign. but it appearing like this: hfgg|tytt| but I want like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help on query

I just started to learn unix - need help to write a script to query a logfile and produce the results that contains a specific word "alarm" for a period from X day to Y day. I really have no idea how to begin - :( please help... ____________________________________________________ #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snipfer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query :: Using Netstat finding total value to a db connection

I wrote a very simple script to calculate the DB connection from an appserver and check the total netstat connection to a particular DB exceed 25 then it will send mail netstat -a 2> /dev/null | awk '/.*ESTAB/{print $5}' | cut -d. -f1 | uniq -c | awk '{if ($1 > 25)print $2," exceed ",$1;}' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Query

Hi, I have a script to remove null values from a file. Could any one explain how this is working? :confused: while read f do echo process $f gawk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_n123
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)