Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Selecting tables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selecting tables Post 302838567 by Skrynesaver on Tuesday 30th of July 2013 03:58:43 AM
Old 07-30-2013
Try the following
Code:
sqlplus  $user/$passwd@$sid << SQL 2>&1 >> session.log
select * from Testtab.sql
SQL

And let us know what appears in the session.log file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting tables of row data into columns of tables

I am trying to transpose tables listed in the format into format. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Input: test_data_1 1 2 90% 4 3 91% 5 4 90% 6 5 90% 9 6 90% test_data_2 3 5 92% 5 4 92% 7 3 93% 9 2 92% 1 1 92% ... Output:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: justthisguy
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting a line value

Hello, I just wanted to know if there is a way in UNIX to select a line value from a list of words. there is no line number before each word, hence could not use grep. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unibboy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting one file from a list

Hi, I am able to do this by brute force but I am just curious if there is a better way of handling things. Basically the scenario is something like this: There are a number of files in a directory: rib.20071224.1759.gz 24-Dec-2007 17:59 132K rib.20071224.1959.gz 24-Dec-2007... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting a string

Hi, I have a small question... Since i am new to Unix ksh scripting i am having this problem of understanding... Well the thing is that i just want a part of a line for example Data Set=ELIG_Member_20090126.dat Count Total= 8192 Actual Total= 8187 I just want the value of Actual Total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya2340
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

about selecting lines

Hello , i got text file like that' C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\aa.jpg C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\thumb.jpg C:\Users\Public\Pictures\vv\cc.jpg C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\ee.jpg C:\Users\Public\aa\Sample Pictures\cvswsr.jpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidkhan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting a range of Lines

Hi All, Is there a way to get a range of lines from a file??? I want to search through a set of scripts and need to select the group of lines which do the FTP. Say, Line1 Line2 ftp SERVER user UNAME PASS send FILE_TO_BE_SENT close Line3 Line4 Line5 ftp SERVER1 user USER1 PASS1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beinthemiddle
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting data between [ and ]

Hi Team, I am searching through log file using grep -i '<search_key>' <file_name>|awk '{print $18}' example outputs are I would like to select the data between and no other as I am getting some junk characters sometimes which chaging the o/p display format. Kindly assist.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjaydubey2006
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting certain files

Hi, I have been working on a punch of codes and I got to a problem I hope to get help on. I have some files that I want to work with but the folder has other files in it. For example: The folder contains these files: path to files: /home/distribution/ ls: b.10; b.11; b.12; b.20; b.222;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iconig
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting groups

I have a file with contents like host1.domain.com:9090,host2.domain.com:9090,host3.domain.com:9090 I am looking for such an operation so that, the output should be host1.domain.com:9090 host2.domain.com:9090 host3.domain.com:9090 And also, if the number of entries are more, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil510
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Size Selecting rows

I have a rather convoluted script that I use to extract information from CSV files: sed '1d' PeakTable.txt | awk -F ',' '!/Ladder/{ if ( $4 > 430 && $4 < 490 && $5 > 45 ) print $2, $5; else print $2, 0 }' | awk '{a+=$2}END{for(i in a){print i, a}}' | sed 's/\(\)\(\) /\10\2 /' | sort | awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
4 Replies
suspend(1)							   User Commands							suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)