Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sleep function not detected
Top Forums Programming Sleep function not detected Post 302838547 by hergp on Tuesday 30th of July 2013 03:33:11 AM
Old 07-30-2013
You have to write sleep with a lowercase s, this is not the case in your code above.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

HDD not detected by RHL 9 (or 7.2)

Hi, I have got myself a new hard disk- a 80 GB SATA IDE from Seagate. When I try installing Red Hat Linux 9(and RHL 7.2 too), it displays an error message saying that it fails to detect any hard drive. In the BIOS, I tried changing the drive configuration to "Legacy Drive", but that didnt help... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek Ghose
5 Replies

2. Solaris

dmfe0: TX stall detected

I just starting recieving in /var/adm/messages this kind of notice: dmfe: NOTICE: dmfe0: TX stall detected after 2 ticks in state 3; automatic recovery initiated does any one have any idea why this notice is generated ? thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pasalagua
1 Replies

3. Solaris

OS is not detected CPU and memory

Hi, Server AIBVRFCC failed POST while booting on 06/28/2009. Server is up, but OS cannot see two CPUs (CPU 0 and CPU 2) and half of the installed system memory (8 GB is physically installed but only 4 GB is seen by OS now). bld00016:root psrinfo 1 on-line since 06/28/09 05:51:36 3 on-line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arumsun
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sleep function

Hey everyone, just entering the linux world, I need some help with a shell script i'm trying to write, the purpose is to check every 10 minutes what was the last time a certain file was modified, and if there is a connection to the server at this moment send an email with the date of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshe88
2 Replies

6. Programming

C Sleep function hangs @ __kernel_vsyscall ()

This is the gdb backtrace. ^C Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt. 0xffffe424 in __kernel_vsyscall () (gdb) bt #0 0xffffe424 in __kernel_vsyscall () #1 0xb7e56a70 in __nanosleep_nocancel () from /lib/libc.so.6 #2 0xb7e568bb in __sleep (seconds=0) at sleep.c:138 #3 0x080496d5 in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How the Sleep function will work?

Hi All, I am new to Unix , there i am facing one problem with sleep command. that is .. in while loop i have defined sleep function .. my condition is like this while #i knew this is infinite loop do sleep 200 echo "hello " done. this condition will never become .. true... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mandlysreedhar
3 Replies

8. Hardware

iPhone Not being detected

I'm New to the linux world I'm running OpenSuse and as soon as I installed everything was wokring like a charm. and i said to myself I'm so keeping this OpSys! everytime i would plug in my iPhone it would read it as anything else as a filesystem and i was able to go through the device files an etc,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuankyKong
9 Replies

9. Programming

Doubt with signals and sleep function

Hi , I have a doubt with signals and sleep function. In a program i have this while(1) { //do some work sleep(1); }And in a thread i have something like this union sigval data; char message; char msg; data.sival_int=0; while(1) { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bacesado
4 Replies
sleep(3C)						   Standard C Library Functions 						 sleep(3C)

NAME
sleep - suspend execution for an interval of time SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> unsigned int sleep(unsigned int seconds); DESCRIPTION
The caller is suspended from execution for the number of seconds specified by the argument. The actual suspension time may be less than that requested because any caught signal will terminate the sleep() following execution of that signal's catching routine. The suspension time may be longer than requested by an arbitrary amount because of the scheduling of other activity in the system. The value returned by sleep() will be the ``unslept'' amount (the requested time minus the time actually slept) if the caller incurred premature arousal because of a caught signal. The use of the sleep() function has no effect on the action or blockage of any signal. In a multithreaded process, only the invoking thread is suspended from execution. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Async-Signal-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Standard |See standards(5). | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nanosleep(3C), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Feb 2008 sleep(3C)