Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 6.1 TL8 update : bos.aso doesn't install. Post 302838537 by stephnane on Tuesday 30th of July 2013 02:45:47 AM
Old 07-30-2013
Yes, I said it Smilie :
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephnane

I resolve my issue through a strange way :
I had 2 times the same fileset 6.1.8.0.
- I tried to install from the SP2 & requisite I downloaded (bos.aso.6.1.8.0.I) : it doesn't works.
- I downloaded TL8 (SP0) then I install the same fileset from this download : it works ...

Thx for your help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How do I install bos.loc.iso.en_GB?

Hi, I need to install the package bos.loc.iso.en_GB on an AIX 5.3 server but try as I might I cannot find the file which contains this package. I have all the AIX 5.3 CDs and also the majority of the packages installed locally on the server. If I create a .toc file from the local packages I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
3 Replies

2. AIX

AIX 5.1 install bos.sysmgt.nim.master failed

I was trying to install bos.sysmgt.nim.master on AIX 5.1 with a mounted NFS source, but it failed: # installp -agXd /nfs/aix51cd1 bos.sysmgt.nim.master installp: APPLYING software for: bos.sysmgt.nim.master 5.1.0.50 restore: 0511-123 The volume on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezlee
0 Replies

3. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

4. AIX

bos.rte.5.2.0.10 - Failure to Install (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsf bad permissions)

I have a RS/6000 B80 which just had a disk failure; I've added a new drive and am in the process of rebuilding. I have reinstalled AIX 5.2 and am now looking to begin updating. (fyi this will be the second time I have attempted to rebuild this machine, the first time i installed ML 5200-10 and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wesiman
1 Replies

5. AIX

Where do I get bos.adt.debug fot AIX 6.1 ?

Hello, Can't find this package anywhere: Searched all AIX 6.1 CD's - nothing Serched expansion pack - nothing Where do I get it ? thanks Vilius ---------- Post updated at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:58 AM ---------- Ok this was my mistake. bos.adt.debug was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

6. AIX

Need AIX 5.3 bos.adt.libm

We have an older AIX RS 6000 and had the hard drive die on us. I was able to get the hard drive replaced and it came with AIX 5.3 installed on it but is missing a component that we need. I am trying to install our C+ and Fortran compilers but they require the bos.adt.libm module and I do not have... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredn
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.3 BOS Overwrite Installation problem

Hi list, I am trying to perform an AIX 5.3 new installation on a p505 machine. After plugging the machine on the power and connecting using Hyperterminal through COM1 I get the following screen: Welcome Machine type-model: 9115-505 Serial number: 102765A Date: 2010-1-12 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mariobehring
1 Replies

8. AIX

Downgrade bos.rte.install ?

Hello, Running AIX 6.1 TL2 SP4. bos.rte.install was upgraded to 6.1.4.1 by accident(commited). I'm trying to downgrade it. On my install DVD I found bos.rte.install_6.1.2.1.bff. So I'm trying to downgrade: # installp -acF -d/soft1 bos.rte.install 6.1.2.1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
6 Replies

9. AIX

Upgrade to TL8 failed: bos.net.NFS.client 6.1.8.1 (usr: COMMITTED, root:

dears i am trying to upgrade the TL from TL7 to TL8 and i facing this issue AIX6.1 << End of Success Section >> +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+ BUILDDATE Verification ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to install bos.net.NFS.server 7.1.x.x ??

Hello Everyone, I am in quite a deliema, where do I get bos.net.nfs.server 7.1.0.0 from?? I am running AIX 7.1.3.3 & PowerHA 7.1.3 on this server. #lslpp -l |grep nfs bos.net.nfs.client 7.1.3.15 COMMITTED Network File System Client cluster.es.nfs.rte ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorkhali
0 Replies
BOS_APROPOS(8)						       AFS Command Reference						    BOS_APROPOS(8)

NAME
bos_apropos - Displays each help entry containing a keyword string SYNOPSIS
bos apropos -topic <help string> [-help] bos ap -t <help string> [-h] DESCRIPTION
The bos apropos command displays the first line of the online help entry for any bos command that has in its name or short description the string specified by the -topic argument. To display the syntax for a command, use the bos help command. OPTIONS
-topic <help string> Specifies the keyword string to match, in lowercase letters only. If the string is more than a single word, surround it with double quotes ("") or other delimiters. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The first line of a command's online help entry names it and briefly describes its function. This command displays the first line for any bos command where the string specified with the -topic argument is part of the command name or first line. EXAMPLES
The following command lists all bos commands that include the word "restart" in their names or short descriptions: % bos apropos restart getrestart: get restart times restart: restart all processes setrestart: set restart times PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
bos(8), bos_help(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BOS_APROPOS(8)