Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenSolaris UFS Question
Operating Systems Solaris OpenSolaris UFS Question Post 302838055 by BrentBANKS on Sunday 28th of July 2013 08:47:28 PM
Old 07-28-2013
I am pretty sure I installed it with UFS, but not 100% sure. Even if it is S51K, I don't think there'd be a way to communicate with it, would there?
Quote:
You might try to clone your SVR4 disk and experiment by replacing that 99 by 131
If it were anyother day, I would probably be up for that, but I have experimented with Unix all summer, and every experiment so far has failed. Im not real sure if Im up for trying much more hard disk work. What is the process for cloning the disk?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UFS partition

Hi all, I have FreeBSD and Debian in my HD, the FreeBSD partition is very small and I'd like to change. I try to use partition magic but it does not work with UFS parition. Anyone know a good partition software? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SeVEn
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris File system question ( UFS )

Hello all, I'm ufs file system, how can u use the same disk in another machine with the data in tact? to make it clear, I've an ufs FS in a mount point /file1 ( 8GB). now they decide to reintall the OS. After the reinstall, how can i get the same data as it is? will mounting the disk as /file1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

3. Solaris

UFS Version

Hi, Can anyone help me. I would like to know the ufs version on solaris 7 & 8. Also i would like to know is there any command to verify it. Regards, Raja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
1 Replies

4. Solaris

UFS logging

I have a couple of servers where something weird is going on. When I run the command "mount | grep logging" I get something similair to this / on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 read/write/setuid/devices/intr/largefiles/logging/xattr/onerror=panic/dev=220000 But when I look at /etc/vfstab I dont... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
6 Replies

5. AIX

Ufs

Hi i have 2 know the full details of unix file systems. some one please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sathish2win
1 Replies

6. Solaris

UFS filesystem mounted on 2 hosts question

I have two Unix (Solaris) hosts that are both attached to our SAN. They are both presented with the same luns. What I want to do is have the same UFS filesystem mounted on both hosts at the same time. What I am trying to accomplish is creating a zone that will reside on both hosts but only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: beaker457
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Zones not in ufs

Hi All, I am installing Solaris Kernel Update Patch 2.1 When I am installing , An error message is saying that Non Global Zones is not mounted in ufs. I have two non global zones. When i see in the vfstab , the filesystem in vxfs. I dont know whether it will give any impact... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Solaris

UFS defragmentation

is there any other/better way to defragment the ufs slice instead of backup+restore? how to tell which slice needs defragmenting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
2 Replies
volreattach(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    volreattach(8)

NAME
volreattach - Reattaches disk drives that have once again become accessible SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volreattach [-rb] [accessname...] /usr/sbin/volreattach -c accessname OPTIONS
The volreattach utility has the following options: Calls the volrecover utility to attempt to recover stale plexes of any volumes on the failed disk. Performs the reattach operation in the background. Checks whether a reattach is possible. No operation is performed, but the name of the disk group and disk media name at which the disk can be reattached is displayed. DESCRIPTION
The volreattach utility attempts to reattach disks using the same disk group and media names they had before detachment. This operation may be necessary if a disk has a transient failure, or if some disk drivers are unloaded or unloadable when the Logical Storage Manager is started, causing disks to enter the failed state. If the problem is fixed, the volreattach command can be used to reattach the disks without plexes being flagged as stale, as long as the reattach happens before any volumes on the disk are started. The volreattach command is called from the voldiskadm menus as part of disk recovery. The volreattach utility tries to find a disk with a disk group and disk ID matching that of the disk(s) being reattached. If the matching disk is found, the reattach operation may still fail if the original cause (or some other cause) for the disk failure still exists. EXIT CODES
A zero exit status is returned if it is possible to perform a reattach. Otherwise, non-zero is returned. SEE ALSO
volintro(8), voldiskadm(8), volrecover(8) volreattach(8)