Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Generating password
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Generating password Post 302837959 by codemaniac on Sunday 28th of July 2013 04:39:43 AM
Old 07-28-2013
you can generate high entropy passwords using openssl.

Code:
openssl rand -base64 6

see the openssl man page for more details.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

generating timer

I'm trying generate an interrupt every 1 seconds using itimer and My clock is not running. This is what i did : printf("about to sleep for 1 second \n"); signal(SIGALRM, wakeup); //myTimer.it_interval.tv_sec=0; //myTimer.it_interval.tv_usec =0; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Confuse
5 Replies

2. AIX

Generating a Subsystem

Hello, I'm trying to generate a subsystem which supports startsrc, stopsrc and refresh I want to specify special arguments in case of stopsrc and refresh for example: startsrc: /bin/testscript start stopsrc: /bin/testscript stop refresh: /bin/testscript restart which should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating files.

I/P file name:- 20092008.txt Check number of entries in i/p file by following command ChkEnt -infl 20092008.txt -opfl 20092008_test.txt >count.txt Dear Friends, Please help me in automating following thing. If output generated (count.txt) is having value more than 1000 i.e.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating Combinations

Hi, I need to generate all combinations upto n-1 level, if the input file looks like say, A B C D . . .... I need to generate all combinations such that first value remains constant and the remaning are combined with all possible ways. Output A AB AC AD ABC (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zorg4u
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help generating this output

need to check hardware error are zero iostat -en |awk '{ if ( $2 == 0 ) { print " " } else { print " Hardware errors "} } can someone please tell me whats wrong with this ---------- Post updated at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:16 PM ---------- iostat -en ----... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: arch12
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating MD5's of files

On my website I host a lot of files, and when people view the site, currently each time the page loads, I have PHP generating the md5 sums for the files right then and there. It was fine when my site was small, but now that's obviously very inefficient. Now I'd like to start generating MD5 sums... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrdLock
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with generating a script

I am a biologist who is new to linux and am having difficulty generating a script to do what I want it to do! I have tried basic grep commands, but even that does not give me back the data I want. I have many files that are all currently in .xslx and I'm not sure if they need to be .csv or .txt... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: kellywilliams
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[SSH-RSA] Still prompting for password after generating keys

Hello, I'm trying to perform these operations without entering any password, as user "fzd":fzd@machine1> scp /tmp/srcFile1 fzd@machine2:/tmp/$destFile fzd@machine1> scp fzd@machine2:/tmp/$srcFile /tmp/$destFilebut alsofzd@machine1> scp /tmp/srcFile1 machine2:/tmp/$destFile fzd@machine1> scp... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fzd
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating histogram

Hi, I have 2 files with similar structure - reference and test that I would like to BIN both and generate the comparison. input files structure is: a 3 b 10 c 3 d 7 e 1 f 4 g 9 h 6 I would like the output to be (lets say both reference and test are the file above - no diff) BIN ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yan1
3 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
GENDSA(1SSL)							      OpenSSL							      GENDSA(1SSL)

NAME
gendsa - generate a DSA private key from a set of parameters SYNOPSIS
openssl gendsa [-out filename] [-des] [-des3] [-idea] [-rand file(s)] [-engine id] [paramfile] DESCRIPTION
The gendsa command generates a DSA private key from a DSA parameter file (which will be typically generated by the openssl dsaparam command). OPTIONS
-des|-des3|-idea These options encrypt the private key with the DES, triple DES, or the IDEA ciphers respectively before outputting it. A pass phrase is prompted for. If none of these options is specified no encryption is used. -rand file(s) a file or files containing random data used to seed the random number generator, or an EGD socket (see RAND_egd(3)). Multiple files can be specified separated by a OS-dependent character. The separator is ; for MS-Windows, , for OpenVMS, and : for all others. -engine id specifying an engine (by its unique id string) will cause gendsa to attempt to obtain a functional reference to the specified engine, thus initialising it if needed. The engine will then be set as the default for all available algorithms. paramfile This option specifies the DSA parameter file to use. The parameters in this file determine the size of the private key. DSA parameters can be generated and examined using the openssl dsaparam command. NOTES
DSA key generation is little more than random number generation so it is much quicker that RSA key generation for example. SEE ALSO
dsaparam(1), dsa(1), genrsa(1), rsa(1) 1.0.0e 2009-04-10 GENDSA(1SSL)