Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris -w option in fgrep for Solaris Post 302837655 by MadeInGermany on Friday 26th of July 2013 10:45:06 AM
Old 07-26-2013
Generally the -w option is available for grep but not egrep|fgrep.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Solaris C compiler option -Xc

Anyone know what the -Xc option does? Is there an equivalent option for the Gnu compiler? :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No Password - - Setuid Only Option in Solaris 10

In Solaris 9, when I built users, there was an option for No Password -- Setuid Only. Now that I'm using Solaris 10, I no longer can find that option. Is there an equivalent option of No Password --Setuid Only in Solaris 10? Thanks, LeonD (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leond
1 Replies

3. Solaris

AIX to SOLARIS conversion - (find -cmin option)

I have a piece of code (below) in a .ksh script running on AIX. I need to convert the code to run .zsh on Solaris. Solaris's find command does not support the -cmin function. Suggestions?? The code searchs for a file (_filename) and determines if it has been written to or modified in the last... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmalencia
1 Replies

4. Solaris

date -d illegal option in Solaris

Hi All, Is it possible to run date -d option in Solaris? Do we have a work around so that -d option will be recognized by solaris as it is recognized by linux. I need this since i am using this in scripting and it works in Linux box. my problem is it doesn't work in solaris box. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 9 : DHCP Option 43 and 60

Hello, I need to configure a Cisco VLAN Accesspoint with DHCP using Solaris dhtadm & pntadm Network: 10.10.122.0 255.255.255.0 Default Router 10.10.122.1 Scope Range 10.10.122.10 - 254 Option 60 “Cisco AP c1142” Option 43 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredy82
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with useradd, -p option in Solaris 10

Good day all. I'm trying to add a user with useradd and the -p option to assign a project name, but the result is that the user is created with an error message: "UX: useradd: user.root name should be all lower case or numeric." The command: useradd -d /export/home/tester -g rtpgrp -G... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BRH
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

date: illegal option -- d in sun solaris

Hi all, I am trying to execute the following command in a sun solaris machine and getting the error as below. bash-2.03$ date -d "1 day ago" +%Y%m%d date: illegal option -- d bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS gtrd02 5.8 Generic_117350-55 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 Can anybody help me to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Using fgrep Command with pattern file option

Hi, i am using fgrep command with following syntax fgrep -v -f pattern_file_name file file contains few line and have the pattern which i am giving in pattern file. My Problem is : its is not giving any output. while i am using fgrep -f pattern_file_name file it is showing all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: emresearch
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 9 : gcc unrecognized -rdynamic option

Hi all, I'm trying to compile gdb (7.4.1) 64 bit on Solaris 9 SPARC. First, I launch the configuration ~/gdb-7.4.1$>CC="gcc -m64" ./configure --disable-tui --prefix=$HOME/destdir/ Then, compilation ~/gdb-7.4.1$>make During compilation gcc (3.4.6) is not enable to recognized the option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubsland
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Need grep package with -A option for Solaris 10

Hi Guys, I need grep package with -A option for Solaris 10, Where can I download this from, Please advise. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)