Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to add the dat time stamp just before the last extension of a file? Post 302837051 by Scott on Thursday 25th of July 2013 05:07:17 AM
Old 07-25-2013
Code:
$ echo ${FILE_NAME%.*}.DATE_GOES_HERE.${FILE_NAME##*.}
s1.txt.DATE_GOES_HERE.xls

$ FILE_NAME=1.2.3.4.5.6.7
$ echo ${FILE_NAME%.*}.DATE_GOES_HERE.${FILE_NAME##*.}
1.2.3.4.5.6.DATE_GOES_HERE.7

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File date and time stamp

I have to capture the creation date and time stamp for a file. The ls command doesn't list all the required information. I need year, month, day, hour, minute and second. Any ideas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xenon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

time stamp of file create

Hi, Sounds a simple request but I also need (would like) to gather the seconds too. I'm not even sure if this is held. I would think it is, somewhere??!!?! I belive that stat would/could work but I don't do C (we'll not yet). Is there any comamnd line util I can use? SunOS. Cheers... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the time stamp of file

can we change the timestamp of a file to old date. -rwxrwxrwx 1 root other 330 Jul 1 16:03 abc.txt it shows creation time is 16.03 can i change it to previous time :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish19
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change time stamp of a file

Hi, As i know , we can change the time stamp of a file by touch command, i did change in a file and it is looking as given # ls -l abcd -rw-r--r-- 1 batsoqa sicusers 0 Feb 17 2010 abcd actually i want to see the output like this -rw-r--r-- 1 batsoqa sicusers ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apskaushik
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a file with time stamp

Hi guys, Here my scenario is to find the files of previous days if the previous day load had not done. for that i created a file with time stamp and this file is created after the load completes. so every dau i search for the this file with previous days time stamp. i want to create a file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apple2685
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

file time stamp

Hi All, I am facing small problem. i want to print file time stamp on which date file has placed in the server. i have given some code but its not giving the year. any help appreciated. regards rajesh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_pola
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file time stamp

Hi, I need help to read file in a directory on basis of time stamp. e.g. If file access in last 2 minutes it should not be copy to remote directory. Below is my script. #!/bin/ksh DATE=`date +"%Y-%m-%d_%H%M"` SEPARATER=" " exec < out_interfaces.cfg while read source_path... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: qamar.alam
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

add string and time stamp on each line of file

I have file A.txt A 1023 B 123 C 1223 I want output Hello_12PM_A 1023 Hello_12PM_B 123 Helll_12PM_C 1223 Add Hello and time stamp in AM and PM. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying multiple files and appending time stamp before file extension

Hi, I have multiple files that read: Asa.txt Bad.txt Gnu.txt And I want to rename them using awk to Asa_ddmmyytt.txt and so on ... If there is a single command or more efficient executable please share! Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jesshelle David
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add current time stamp column in existing csv file

Hi , I want to add a new column 'current_time stamp' in my existing csv file with current time stamp for all the records.I tried something this but this is printing 0 with date & time and printed date one line above header.Please help awk -F "," 'BEGIN{ OFS="," } {$6=system("date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
5 Replies
GRUB-MKFONT(1)							   User Commands						    GRUB-MKFONT(1)

NAME
grub-mkfont - make GRUB font files SYNOPSIS
grub-mkfont [OPTIONS] FONT_FILES OPTIONS
-o, --output=FILE_NAME set output file name --ascii-bitmaps save only the ASCII bitmaps --width-spec create width summary file -i, --index=N set face index -r, --range=A-B[,C-D] set font range -n, --name=S set font family name -s, --size=N set font size -d, --desc=N set font descent -c, --asce=N set font ascent -b, --bold convert to bold font -a, --force-autohint force autohint --no-hinting disable hinting --no-bitmap ignore bitmap strikes when loading -h, --help display this message and exit -V, --version print version information and exit -v, --verbose print verbose messages REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub-mkconfig(8) The full documentation for grub-mkfont is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-mkfont programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-mkfont should give you access to the complete manual. grub-mkfont (GRUB) 1.99-12ubuntu5 October 2011 GRUB-MKFONT(1)