Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print character after pattern found Post 302836923 by rajamadhavan on Wednesday 24th of July 2013 11:25:03 PM
Old 07-25-2013
Perl way...there are many ways to do it with awk and grep as well...

Code:
$ perl -nle '$,="\n";@array = /birthday:\"(\d{4,4}-\d{2,2}-\d{2,2})\"/g; print @array' file
1977-16-07
1975-16-07
1970-16-07

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a pattern and if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining

I am trying to do some thing like this .. In a file , if pattern found insert new pattern at the begining of the line containing the pattern. example: in a file I have this. gtrow0unit1/gctunit_crrownorth_stage5_outnet_feedthru_pin if i find feedthru_pin want to insert !! at the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print range of lines using sed when pattern has special character "["

Hi, My input has much more lines, but few of them are below pin(IDF) { direction : input; drc_pinsigtype : signal; pin(SELDIV6) { direction : input; drc_pinsigtype : ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a pattern and print next all character to next space

Hi, I have a big inventory file that is NOT sorted is any way. The file is have "tagged" information like the ip address "*IP=" or the name "*NM=" . How do I get just the ip address or the name and not the whole line? I have tried to use AWK without any success. I always get the whole line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pierrebjarnfelt
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the 2nd line everytime after defined pattern is found.

Hi, I have a text file similar to the example below and I want to print the second line every time after the "--------------------------" pattern is found. The pattern is a fixed length of - characters. Example of input; 1 -------------------------- 2 3 39184018234 4 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewk
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print next word after found pattern

Hi all, I'd like to print the next word after a found pattern. example text: word1 word2 word3 word4 pattern word5 pattern word1 word2 word3 word4 word1 word2 pattern word4 basiclly the word after pattern. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print characters till the next space when the pattern is found

i have a file which contains alphanumeric data in every line. what i need is the data after certain pattern. the data after the pattern is not of fixed length so i need the data till the space after the pattern. Input file: bfdkasfbdfg khffkf lkdhfhdf pattern (datarequired data not required)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Specific lines when found specific character

Hello all, I have thousand file input like this: file1: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$ | | | |$$ $$ UERT | TTYH | TAFE | FRFG |$$ $$______|______|________|______|$$ $$ | | | |$$ $$ 1 | DISK | TR1311 | 1 |$$ $$ 1 |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: attila
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print all lines after a pattern is found

Is there a way with aw to print all lines after a string is found There is a file like this ....... ........ 2012/19/11 :11.58 PM some data lne no date 2012/19/11 :11.59 PM some other data 2012/20/11 :12.00 AM some other data some line without dates some more lines without dates... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy/print all lines between pattern is found in .log files

Hi, I have a folder with multiple (< 33) .log files. And I have to copy the lines between two patterns from all the .log files to a new file. (script file with a loop?) Thanks in advance. 1.log ... .. xx1> begin ... .. .. >>> Total: 2 Alarms .. .. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

If first pattern is found, look for second pattern. If second pattern not found, delete line

I had a spot of trouble coming up with a title, hopefully you'll understand once you read my problem... :) I have the output of an ldapsearch that looks like this: dn: cn=sam,ou=company,o=com uidNumber: 7174 gidNumber: 49563 homeDirectory: /home/sam loginshell: /bin/bash uid: sam... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgoober
2 Replies
TIME_SLEEP_UNTIL(3)							 1						       TIME_SLEEP_UNTIL(3)

time_sleep_until - Make the script sleep until the specified time

SYNOPSIS
bool time_sleep_until (float $timestamp) DESCRIPTION
Makes the script sleep until the specified $timestamp. PARAMETERS
o $timestamp - The timestamp when the script should wake. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | This function is now available on Windows plat- | | | forms. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ ERRORS
/EXCEPTIONS If the specified $timestamp is in the past, this function will generate a E_WARNING. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A time_sleep_until(3) example <?php //returns false and generates a warning var_dump(time_sleep_until(time()-1)); // may only work on faster computers, will sleep up to 0.2 seconds var_dump(time_sleep_until(microtime(true)+0.2)); ?> NOTES
Note All signals will be delivered after the script wakes up. SEE ALSO
sleep(3), usleep(3), time_nanosleep(3), set_time_limit(3). PHP Documentation Group TIME_SLEEP_UNTIL(3)