Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loop with output to script?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop with output to script? Post 302836679 by wrnganswr on Wednesday 24th of July 2013 01:42:36 PM
Old 07-24-2013
agreed

I agree, But with my limited knowledge, i need to at least have a decent starting point imo. Im learning slowly but surely and i flipped my computer and put ubuntu on it and vboxed windows rather than the set i had which was flipped. This I think will help force me to learn a little more a little quickerSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed subsitution on loop output in shell script

I have a forloop which checks a log for a set of 6 static IP addresses and each IP found is logged to a file which is then mailed to me. After the forloop I always have a text file that may contain up to 6 IP addresses or may contain 0. What I want to do is substitute the IP addresses (if any)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group the output of a loop

Hi Guys, This is based on my question previously posted. :) I have my shell script like this: #!/usr/bin/sh e_id=`sqlplus -s scott/tiger@DB<<eof SET PAGESIZE 0 FEEDBACK OFF VERIFY OFF HEADING OFF ECHO OFF; select emp_id from employee; quit ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvingo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse the output using for loop

Good morning!! Im trying to ge tthe output in this for loop to be reversed. #!/usr/bin/perl $i = 1; for($i != 0 ; $i < 11 ; $i++){ print "$i\n"; } Ive tried changing the i++ to i--, but it makes the outputted numbers different also. Thanks bigben (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give a variable output name in a shell script inside a for loop

Hi all I run my program prog.c in the following way : $ ./prog 1 > output.txt where 1 is a user defined initial value used by the program. But now I want to run it for many a thousand initial values, 1-1000, and store all the outputs in different files. Like $ ./prog 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alice06
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to manipulate a script and store it in multiple output files

I have a script where the the 9th line looks like this: $filename=sprintf("250.1chr%d.ped", $N); I want to modify this script 1000 times, changing 250.1chr%d.ped to 250.2chr%d.ped, 250.3chr%.ped.......and so on all the way to 250.1000chr%d.ped and store each output in files called ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop output

:wall:Hi I am a beginner to unix In a shell script i see the below code # set admin email so that you can get email ADMIN=someone@somewhere.com host=`hostname` date=`date` # set alert level 70% is default ALERT=70 df -h | grep / | grep -v '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabhu_kumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in for loop (ksh)

Hi , I'm writing the for loop script in home directory and wanted to get the files from /etc/data directory. #!/bin/ksh file_nm="/etc/dat" for test_data in $file_nm/fln* do echo "$test_data" done the code is executing successfully , but in the output it is showing ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop output redirection

Hi All, i have below for loop of which i am trying to redirect output in a file: for i in `/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | awk '/flags/ {print $1}' | grep -v lo | sed 's/://g'` do ifconfig $i dhcp status done >> /tmp/logfile but instead the output is appearing as stdout on screen rather than... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script - Not Seeing Output from While Loop

I know something simple is missing here, "log_user 1" is set . . . after this utility opens ${InFile} (handle? for IntInFile) it needs to look for something to appear in the file ${IntInFile} and then send it to the spawned process. Then I am locking the file ${IntInFile} and clearing it out -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuanMatteo
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script, For loop output to excel as columns

Hi, I have a shell script which analyses the log folder for a specific string and throws me the output. I have used for loop since it does this in multiple servers. Now I want to save the output in a excel in the below format. Can someone please help? The output which I get Server1 : count... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilaxman
14 Replies
extrans2(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual						 extrans2(3alleg4)

NAME
extrans2 - Drawing flipped, translucent and tinted sprites. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> Example extrans2 DESCRIPTION
This program demonstrates how to draw trans and lit sprites and flip them at the same time, using draw_sprite_ex() function. It displays several images moving around using different drawing modes while you can press space key to change the flipping orientation. SEE ALSO
BITMAP(3alleg4), END_OF_MAIN(3alleg4), allegro_error(3alleg4), allegro_init(3alleg4), allegro_message(3alleg4), blit(3alleg4), clear_bit- map(3alleg4), create_bitmap(3alleg4), destroy_bitmap(3alleg4), draw_sprite_ex(3alleg4), font(3alleg4), install_keyboard(3alleg4), install_timer(3alleg4), key(3alleg4), load_bitmap(3alleg4), makecol(3alleg4), replace_filename(3alleg4), rest(3alleg4), screen(3alleg4), set_color_depth(3alleg4), set_gfx_mode(3alleg4), set_trans_blender(3alleg4), stretch_blit(3alleg4), textprintf_ex(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 extrans2(3alleg4)