Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Loop with output to script?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Loop with output to script? Post 302836641 by Corona688 on Wednesday 24th of July 2013 12:41:55 PM
Old 07-24-2013
They have not given you the information you need to do your job. Or perhaps they expect you to explore and see what files are there and figure out what they want.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed subsitution on loop output in shell script

I have a forloop which checks a log for a set of 6 static IP addresses and each IP found is logged to a file which is then mailed to me. After the forloop I always have a text file that may contain up to 6 IP addresses or may contain 0. What I want to do is substitute the IP addresses (if any)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Moxy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to group the output of a loop

Hi Guys, This is based on my question previously posted. :) I have my shell script like this: #!/usr/bin/sh e_id=`sqlplus -s scott/tiger@DB<<eof SET PAGESIZE 0 FEEDBACK OFF VERIFY OFF HEADING OFF ECHO OFF; select emp_id from employee; quit ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alvingo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reverse the output using for loop

Good morning!! Im trying to ge tthe output in this for loop to be reversed. #!/usr/bin/perl $i = 1; for($i != 0 ; $i < 11 ; $i++){ print "$i\n"; } Ive tried changing the i++ to i--, but it makes the outputted numbers different also. Thanks bigben (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give a variable output name in a shell script inside a for loop

Hi all I run my program prog.c in the following way : $ ./prog 1 > output.txt where 1 is a user defined initial value used by the program. But now I want to run it for many a thousand initial values, 1-1000, and store all the outputs in different files. Like $ ./prog 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alice06
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a loop to manipulate a script and store it in multiple output files

I have a script where the the 9th line looks like this: $filename=sprintf("250.1chr%d.ped", $N); I want to modify this script 1000 times, changing 250.1chr%d.ped to 250.2chr%d.ped, 250.3chr%.ped.......and so on all the way to 250.1000chr%d.ped and store each output in files called ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

while loop output

:wall:Hi I am a beginner to unix In a shell script i see the below code # set admin email so that you can get email ADMIN=someone@somewhere.com host=`hostname` date=`date` # set alert level 70% is default ALERT=70 df -h | grep / | grep -v '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabhu_kumar
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output in for loop (ksh)

Hi , I'm writing the for loop script in home directory and wanted to get the files from /etc/data directory. #!/bin/ksh file_nm="/etc/dat" for test_data in $file_nm/fln* do echo "$test_data" done the code is executing successfully , but in the output it is showing ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop output redirection

Hi All, i have below for loop of which i am trying to redirect output in a file: for i in `/usr/sbin/ifconfig -a | awk '/flags/ {print $1}' | grep -v lo | sed 's/://g'` do ifconfig $i dhcp status done >> /tmp/logfile but instead the output is appearing as stdout on screen rather than... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script - Not Seeing Output from While Loop

I know something simple is missing here, "log_user 1" is set . . . after this utility opens ${InFile} (handle? for IntInFile) it needs to look for something to appear in the file ${IntInFile} and then send it to the spawned process. Then I am locking the file ${IntInFile} and clearing it out -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuanMatteo
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script, For loop output to excel as columns

Hi, I have a shell script which analyses the log folder for a specific string and throws me the output. I have used for loop since it does this in multiple servers. Now I want to save the output in a excel in the below format. Can someone please help? The output which I get Server1 : count... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilaxman
14 Replies
GLOBUS-JOB-CANCEL(1)						  GRAM5 Commands					      GLOBUS-JOB-CANCEL(1)

NAME
globus-job-cancel - Cancel a GRAM batch job SYNOPSIS
globus-job-cancel [-f | -force] [-q | -quiet] JOBID globus-job-cancel [-help] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] DESCRIPTION
The globus-job-cancel program cancels the job named by JOBID. Any cached files associated with the job will remain until globus-job-clean is executed for the job. By default, globus-job-cancel prompts the user prior to canceling the job. This behavior can be overridden by specifying the -f or -force command-line options. OPTIONS
The full set of options to globus-job-cancel are: -help, -usage Display a help message to standard error and exit. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-cancel program to standard output. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-cancel program including DiRT information to standard output. -force, -f Do not prompt to confirm job cancel and clean-up. -quiet, -q Do not print diagnostics for succesful cancel. Implies -f ENVIRONMENT
If the following variables affect the execution of globus-job-cancel. X509_USER_PROXY Path to proxy credential. X509_CERT_DIR Path to trusted certificate directory. University of Chicago 03/18/2010 GLOBUS-JOB-CANCEL(1)