Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX Production Readiness Checklist (PRC) - check list Post 302836427 by zaxxon on Wednesday 24th of July 2013 07:00:43 AM
Old 07-24-2013
To make things easier, you can just install 1 LPAR as you want it with all standard things installed and configured like Robin said, which will all LPARs have in common.
You can take a backup of this installation with mksysb and use this "golden" or base image from your NIM server as installation source for new LPARs.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Checklist on Preventive Maintenance

Hi all, I'm a new SUN Engineer and will be doing some Preventive Maintenance next month. What should I do? Is there any standard procedure to be followed? Thank You (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankoko
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checklist for Shell Script reqd

Hi, Can anyone provide me with the Code Review Checklist for Shell scripts ?? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] Checklist

Hello! What is the script for a checklist? This: dialog --backtitle "Mesage" \ --title "Title" \ --checklist "Choose your favorite distribution:" 10 40 3 1 "RedHat" on 2 "Ubuntu Linux" off 3 "Slackware" off ??? I need help! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: []Adri4n
0 Replies

4. BSD

Copying OpenBSD Kernel from a non production to production machine

Hi All, There are few OpenBSD 4.8 servers without compiler installed at my working place. However, sometimes there are some patches released for patching the kernel. My question is: Can I setup a non production OpenBSD 4.8 server as a test machine with compiler installed and use it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lcxpics
1 Replies

5. AIX

Post mortem for critical Production AIX System Reboot/Crash

Hello All, Critical AIX production box crashed/rebooted while our team is working on it and we need to generate a detailed report for that, below are few questions that need to be included in the report. (We are System Administration team and everyone in our team has root access via sudo as well... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
3 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX: Production email issue

Hello, system generated emails sent to users from production scripts within Aix arent going out. In the errpt -a output I see: _______________________________________________________ LABEL: SRC_SVKO IDENTIFIER: BC3BE5A3 Date/Time: Tue Mar 13 16:28:07 EDT 2012 Sequence... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

7. AIX

Production Issue in AIX Oracle RAC [errpt output : DUPLICATE IP ADDRESS DETECTED IN THE NET]

1)We have 2 node cluster RAC on AIX: ->test1 ->test3 2) After rebooting server both the node sequentailly, we are getting below error from errpt command : # errpt |more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION FE2DEE00 0901223914 P S SYSXAIXIF DUPLICATE IP ADDRESS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjusharma128
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine 2 Outputs with a single Checklist

Checklist 1.1; Contains Solaris 1.2; Contains Patches 1.3; <no output> 1.3.1; <no output> Output1 1.1 Solaris 10 8/07 s10s_u4wos_12b SPARC 1.2 Patch: 127714-03 Obsoletes: Requires: 120011-14 Incompatibles: Packages: SUNWsshcu, SUNWsshdu, SUNWsshu Patch: 128253-01 Obsoletes:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk two lines with two checklist

Hi there, I am trying to get two lines of the checklist 2.3; 2.4; 2.5; $file='Input1 Input2' echo -e "2.3 Only enable ftp when necessary" cat $file | awk '/2.4/ {P=0} /2.3/ {P=1} P' | grep -iq "not installed" && echo T || echo F echo -e "2.4 Only enable rlogin/rsh/rcp when... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvinoo
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)                                                                                                            install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)