Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Process dies when launched in system startup script Post 302836039 by carpannav on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 12:04:35 PM
Old 07-23-2013
Hi,

Quote:
OK, what about the error code?
Code:
# process_to_start # echo $?
Yes the return value it's zero.

I didn't made the answer well...anyway I guess the combination of both in this situation makes sense.

Unfortunately I'm only the sysadmin, I cannot decide in the software development side and the support of this part isn't helping.

Finally I found where was the problem, it was in the variables charge, I needed to do:
Code:
su user -c $cmd

instead of:
Code:
su - user -c $cmd

Thanks! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process launched by user who logs out, continue running ?

Lets say a user starts a process (either a shell script or a Perl script) and before that process finishes, he logs out (either intentionaly or network problems or ...), does the process continu running ? Default shell is Korn. This is because at my job (being trained), there are tasks to run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

2. Solaris

stop a process to start at system startup

Hi all! I'm running Solaris 10 and have a question about how i can stop a certain program to start at system startup,for example, as it is now sendmail is starting but i don't need sendmail,on the other hand so would i be very glad to get cups up and running at startup, anyone who can explain where... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsgk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

is there a way to find out the tty from which the process is launched

Hi all, There is an application which can be launched once on our box and there are several suspected users telnet into the system with the same login ID. Is there a way that i can find out from which tty the application is launched? If so, i can get the user name from the "finger"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lastlog and launched process

Hello there, I "discovered" an interesting command lastlog, but I couldn't find, until now:cool:, if it's possible to get a list of the launched process by users and root during a certain of time... ...any idea would be really appreciated!!! Thanks in advance. Giordano Bruno (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Cron Job -- auto start process when it dies

I would like to setup a Cron job to check weather X process is running or not. if it is not running then start that X process with a log message.... can any one help writing a script? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandravadrevu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find shell process pid launched throug `at`.

Hi. I was testing some staff and wrote simple script, which only writes date to log every 15 seconds. Like that #1.sh while true;do echo `date` >> 1.log sleep 15 done And than i ran this process with `at -s -f 1.sh now`. And now it is running and i don't know how to catch it. I tryed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kukuruku
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor the process system when a process from user takes longer than 15 min run.

get email notification from from system when a process from XXXX user takes longer than 15 min run.Let me know the time estimation for the same. hi ,any one please tell me , how to write a script to get email notification from system when a process from as mentioned above a xxxx user takes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kirankrishna3
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] File System Monitoring Script

Hello Scripts Guru I had created a shell script to monitor the threshold of the file system, but some where it is not giving the correct output. Request to all to hel me out I am getting the following output /dev/vg00/lvol3 mounted on 1865224 10% / is 2097152% /dev/vg00/lvol1 mounted on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: indrajit_renu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete files at booting of system (system startup)

hi all I have a problem how to write a shell script which delete files/folder form directory whenever system boot and copy last updated folder/file in the specified directory.pse help me ASAP. i write a script which copy files in directory.I want when system boot up using script it check whether... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhig15
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

[Solved] Startup script errors?

The below text is displayed on the console -> sbin/rc2.d/S130pfilboot: -l: not found. /sbin/rc2.d/S131ipfboot: -l: not found. /sbin/rc2.d/S590Rpcd: -l: not found. /sbin/rc2.d/S700acct: -l: not found. /sbin/rc2.d/S900drd: -l: not found. /sbin/rc3.d/S823hpws22_apache: -l: not found.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pplayford
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('en','alpha-2'); $lvar = code2langvar('en',LOCALE_CODE_ALPHA_2); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3pm)